• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

Hit 91.9 yesterday with a max heat index of 98 as dew points held in the low 70's.  Currently 88.3 but heat index a little lower at 92 with a dew point of 70.  NWS says my max temps will be over 90 every day this week until Saturday.  That's a pretty long stretch of 90's getting this late in the season.  All I know is that a week from today the normal high will be 80 and on its way down!  Actually normal low should be down around 57.  That sounds nice.

• Like 2

Just now, paweather said:

I'm now at 87. 

I do not think you will heat wave today.  LOL.  I personally think the 5 days requirement is too much though I like the 9 degrees over normal/average.  3 days in a row of +9 or more departures would probably be a good mix.  But what happens when it is 3 days of -9 departures re: if MDT only hit 75 3 days in a row.  No one is calling the Patriot to report a cold wave.  LOL. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do not think you will heat wave today.  LOL.  I personally think the 5 days requirement is too much though I like the 9 degrees over normal/average.  3 days in a row of +9 or more departures would probably be a good mix.  But what happens when it is 3 days of -9 departures re: if MDT only hit 75 3 days in a row.  No one is calling the Patriot to report a cold wave.  LOL. 

Exactly!

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Surprising twist...the Euro backed way down on the heat but here and out your way.    Partially because of much more convection the rest of the week. 

90 doesn’t appear to be on the table for me today, barring an increase of 4 degrees from here on out. Tomorrow appears to be our best shot.

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

90 doesn’t appear to be on the table for me today, barring an increase of 4 degrees from here on out. Tomorrow appears to be our best shot.

Yep.  Just speaking about the Euro, tomorrow is the end of the 90's chances for a week for you and probably for MDT as well.  GFS does not see it that way for MDT of course.   Euro is getting warm again in 10 days. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Yep.  Just speaking about the Euro, tomorrow is the end of the 90's chances for a week for you and probably for MDT as well.  GFS does not see it that way for MDT of course.   Euro is getting warm again in 10 days. 

Unfortunately it seems we’re quite a ways from being into more than a token day in the 70s due to clouds/precip here and there. If I had to put money on it, the next day PIT sees with a high in the 70s and zero precip is more than 2 weeks away, and you know what that means for MDT.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Unfortunately it seems we’re quite a ways from being into more than a token day in the 70s due to clouds/precip here and there. If I had to put money on it, the next day PIT sees with a high in the 70s and zero precip is more than 2 weeks away, and you know what that means for MDT.

I am still of the opinion that I will not worry too much when we are near the norms.  MDT is still normed above 80 until Mid Sept.  I know you want the fall goods now though.  LOL.  A day in the 70's with rain is no good for sure (temp wise, I will glad take the qpf). 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I am still of the opinion that I will not worry too much when we are near the norms.  MDT is still normed above 80 until Mid Sept.  I know you want the fall goods now though.  LOL.  A day in the 70's with rain is no good for sure. 

I want to say the new September normals are the ones that increased the most when they updated them earlier this year, but don’t quote me on that. Finishing “only” a degree or two above the new normals would be a hollow victory to me.

12 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I want to say the new September normals are the ones that increased the most when they updated them earlier this year, but don’t quote me on that. Finishing “only” a degree or two above the new normals would be a hollow victory to me.

Hmm, I still think anything is possible for Sept. Unfortunately the CFS has not been available the last few runs so cannot check its consistency for pattern predicts.  

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Hmm, I still think anything is possible for Sept. Unfortunately the CFS has not been available the last few runs so cannot check its consistency for pattern predicts.  

It’s probably too early to write off September, even if the first week proves to be above normal. It’s just a sore spot for me, it was once one of the better weather months of the year but now it’s just an extension of summer many years.