• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Summer 2021

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Feel for kids in old school buildings with no AC on days like today, especially wearing masks if applicable. This is why I don't understand the move to have classes in August.

Definitely agree.    Being more familiar with Florida schools still I will say that they do it to allow for long Thankgiving (one week) and Christmas breaks.  At least that is one reason.  But no school in Florida is without A/C. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Mostly agree except "The U". Michael Irvin's biggest fault. 

PSU took care of that nonsense in 86.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

And that’s saying something.

On another note:

569D7C7F-E21A-4EEC-80BF-95CB9136C7FE.jpeg.4a309202e5dc369d275c57908159a9b7.jpeg

Even not being an O’s fan, I’m confident that I know exactly what it’s like to be one.

95084A74-6594-4B17-BEEB-9FF12F8F6E6A.jpeg.0b96fe122ce1216bae058170c3abd43b.jpeg

I don't know what to say to this. Building processes are supposed to move forward- we are going backwards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, pasnownut said:

thats a bold call from this far out....especially if week 1 starts in the - category.

Here crow.....here crow.......

:P

Just to clarify, its not my call.  I was just reminding of a call we had seen elsewhere. LOL.  If you ask me, +8 is like winning the lottery....almost never going to happen.  If I had to make a call I would say -1 as of now. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

To me, the plus 8 for September idea is going to come down to dewpoints. Average lows really start falling in September, if we have higher dews we'll have warm nights and that would get us there.

It truly would need to be in the 80's and 90's every day regardless of lows.    The average high is 80 or more until Sept 12th.  Just a few days below average and +8 is almost not possible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just to clarify, its not my call.  I was just reminding of a call we had seen elsewhere. LOL.  If you ask me, +8 is like winning the lottery....almost never going to happen.  If I had to make a call I would say -1 as of now. 

yeah I know it wasnt yours, but saw it being tossed around in a friggin 200 pg summer thread.  WTF. 

Winter better have 2000 pgs....just sayin. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It was mine!

I think mid to late September we see very high lows, which skew the average. I tend to think it'll be a scorcher of a month. 

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

It’s not impossible. May 2018 was +8.9 at PIT relative to the old normals and looked like this:0B5B537A-0286-444E-9822-6C7079B4FCA0.thumb.jpeg.27beacf1eda041c571623a230a6caf68.jpeg

I would say if PIT can do it in May, MDT can do it in September. (Note that all 31 days were above normal.)

Your output is a good example of what I was referencing.  You had no negative departures and still just barely made it.  A few days of -5 to -10 departures and I think it is pretty tough.  The GFS pretty much ends hopes right away with several pretty big negative departure days though it could be wrong of course. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Your output is a good example of what I was referencing.  You had no negative departures and still just barely made it.  A few days of -5 to -10 departures and I think it is pretty tough.  The GFS pretty much ends hopes right away with several pretty big negative departure days though it could be wrong of course. 

What if I told you this was the first half of a February at PIT that ended up at +7.7?95733587-EE15-43A2-AE70-B2BBA99E92B4.jpeg.95c7ed1d46229c7e6ea85067e42a7d7d.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This is also a great point. 

I think a +8 is unlikely - I agree with Canderson, it's only going to happen with warm nights.

7 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

What if I told you this was the first half of a February at PIT that ended up at +7.7?95733587-EE15-43A2-AE70-B2BBA99E92B4.jpeg.95c7ed1d46229c7e6ea85067e42a7d7d.jpeg

Like winning the lottery.  A rare occurrence.    Not going to do all the math but your last half would have had to actually been plus 15 or 20  to counter act starting off around -5 to -8 as of the 13th.    

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Like winning the lottery.  A rare occurrence.    Not going to do all the match but your last half would have had to actually been plus 15 or 20 every day to counter act starting off around -5 tp -8 as of the 13th.    

Correct. 10 of the remaining days were  +15 or more, and 3 were +25 or more. Pretty sure a +25 departure on just about any September day is basically impossible. That would be 107/88 on the 1st and 97/78 on the 30th at MDT.