Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Summer 2021

12 minutes ago, paweather said:

Well that shower ended sun is back out!

You seem to be in the line for more chances.  I doubt we see too much rain again until Thursday, probably some lucky people Wednesday, so I have been watching this one in hopes I get some.  Some fairly strong storms now near Bloomsburg. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You seem to be in the line for more chances.  I doubt we see too much rain again until Thursday, probably some lucky people Wednesday, so I have been watching this one in hopes I get some.  Some fairly strong storms now near Bloomsburg. 

Yeah the conveyor belt is there for more today.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I agree completely. Today was fully overcast here with temps all day in the mid 70s. I'd expect much more in the way of sun tomorrow with drenching storms in the PM. Some areas will be mostly dry, but man...there could be some hefty totals just during the PM hours. 

Good call on the hefty totals.  Some fairly intense storms just to the north of the LSV are dropping big totals and the cells in the LSV are really doing nicely as well.  I thought there were would a lot of popcorn convection but its even more than I though. 

Have a couple random thoughts as I was scrolling through all the posts from this past weekend.......

First, anyone else get disgusted with all these fights in the stands of sporting events these days?  Kirk Herbstreit alluded to this recently, how there just seems to be an epidemic of people wanting to get into trouble in the stands, almost as if they're looking for it or want their 15 minutes of fame.  I just find it so trashy and the sign of a trash culture that so many people's first thought nowadays is to pull out their phone and record something rather than to try and help someone or diffuse the situation.  Many times they're even cheering it on and can't wait to get it posted to "World Star" or some other garbage site.  Also, seeing that woman in the Steelers video smack that guy got me to thinking how there are too many women out there who are far too comfortable hitting a man, for they don't fear any repercussion.  The lesson is, don't put your hands on someone unless you are okay with them retaliating.  Personally, I don't condone the hitting of a woman even in retaliation, but man everyone has a breaking point and all bets are off when you strike first.  I digress.

Lastly, I see our good friend 'Ol Joe Bastardi has come up in conversation quite a bit the last couple of weeks haha.  I understand Joe can rub some people the wrong way, and is often seen as quirky or goofy, but I also believe him to be one of the best out there at what he does.  He's great with large scale patterns and especially historical analogs.  Eric Horst even gave him a shoutout a few days ago, calling him one of the best tropical cyclone forecasters in the world.  Now, even the most well-versed people in this business will end up with egg on their face from time to time.  Heck, sometimes all the predictive variables can be pointing solidly to a particular outcome and Mother Nature will still do something completely different.  Such is this goofy game we all enjoy.  I was at a work conference one time and was fortunate enough to get to see Joe deliver one of his presentations.  The guy has a borderline photographic memory about historical storms and I'm not sure anyone is more passionate about the topic.  Again, I understand he can rub some the wrong way with his takes, but all in all I view him as a pretty harmless guy who's good for a laugh now and then but also knows his craft, albeit with a bit of cold bias thrown in at times ha.  Also, he seems to be pretty tight with many in the Penn State wrestling community, so that's good enough for me haha.  To each their own.  Live on Eskimo Joe!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Good call on the hefty totals.  Some fairly intense storms just to the north of the LSV are dropping big totals and the cells in the LSV are really doing nicely as well.  I thought there were would a lot of popcorn convection but its even more than I though. 

Yeah the popcorn is even fluffier than I thought it would be today.  I might score a bit here in the near future, on a storm that is, as my wife is currently napping with the baby so no other scoring seems imminent.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

In the meantime, very quietly...it's yet another day above 90 here. Currently sitting at 90.7 

Still mostly sunny so perhaps some more heating...

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Have a couple random thoughts as I was scrolling through all the posts from this past weekend.......

First, anyone else get disgusted with all these fights in the stands of sporting events these days?  Kirk Herbstreit alluded to this recently, how there just seems to be an epidemic of people wanting to get into trouble in the stands, almost as if they're looking for it or want their 15 minutes of fame.  I just find it so trashy and the sign of a trash culture that so many people's first thought nowadays is to pull out their phone and record something rather than to try and help someone or diffuse the situation.  Many times they're even cheering it on and can't wait to get it posted to "World Star" or some other garbage site.  Also, seeing that woman in the Steelers video smack that guy got me to thinking how there are too many women out there who are far too comfortable hitting a man, for they don't fear any repercussion.  The lesson is, don't put your hands on someone unless you are okay with them retaliating.  Personally, I don't condone the hitting of a woman even in retaliation, but man everyone has a breaking point and all bets are off when you strike first.  I digress.

Lastly, I see our good friend 'Ol Joe Bastardi has come up in conversation quite a bit the last couple of weeks haha.  I understand Joe can rub some people the wrong way, and is often seen as quirky or goofy, but I also believe him to be one of the best out there at what he does.  He's great with large scale patterns and especially historical analogs.  Eric Horst even gave him a shoutout a few days ago, calling him one of the best tropical cyclone forecasters in the world.  Now, even the most well-versed people in this business will end up with egg on their face from time to time.  Heck, sometimes all the predictive variables can be pointing solidly to a particular outcome and Mother Nature will still do something completely different.  Such is this goofy game we all enjoy.  I was at a work conference one time and was fortunate enough to get to see Joe deliver one of his presentations.  The guy has a borderline photographic memory about historical storms and I'm not sure anyone is more passionate about the topic.  Again, I understand he can rub some the wrong way with his takes, but all in all I view him as a pretty harmless guy who's good for a laugh now and then but also knows his craft, albeit with a bit of cold bias thrown in at times ha.  Also, he seems to be pretty tight with many in the Penn State wrestling community, so that's good enough for me haha.  To each their own.  Live on Eskimo Joe!

Eric called him the best in the world at tropical...good to see! 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

In the meantime, very quietly...it's yet another day above 90 here. Currently sitting at 90.7 

Still mostly sunny so perhaps some more heating...

I think you have a string of several in a row coming up now, right?  Depending on how much rain/clouds we have Thursday I guess....

We have been getting close to as hot as you recently but only 85 here now.  Been a lot of clouds. 

21 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Joe is a good guy. Years ago he mentioned my name on the radio. WLBR. so he has to be good. LOL. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think you have a string of several in a row coming up now, right?  Depending on how much rain/clouds we have Thursday I guess....

We have been getting close to as hot as you recently but only 85 here now.  Been a lot of clouds. 

Yes...looks like my prediction from last week is looking good (for once) Should be a solid string of 90+ days. 

I made it to 91 before clouds moved in a few minutes ago. 

• Like 1