• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The worst part about it is - the whole way down on Sunday, I KNEW they were going to lose. 

It's like when models are showing snow for us in the winter, but when you take into account storm track, local climate, and everything else, you get that sinking feeling that something's going to go wrong. 

At least I was "prepared" for them to lose.

Oh, the joys of being a Sixers fan. 

I know, right. Of course I thought they wouldn’t lose this one. Since they lost game 5 but they did lose it. Geez.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I bet most start with "and then we played Pittsburgh" 

Usually we start with the Isles playoff game from the 1980s that went into quadruple overtime. 

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

I know, right. Of course I thought they wouldn’t lose this one. Since they lost game 5 but they did lose it. Geez.

I had no reason to feel good that they would win game 7 after already losing 2 at home previously. Plus, Atlanta was confident and the Sixers were anything but. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Usually we start with the Isles playoff game from the 1980s that went into quadruple overtime. 

In the Caps defense, that was before they displayed choking tendencies.  Maybe that helped them into it.  Cannot imagine how tired they were.   If you tried that with me I would come back with the April 1988 game where the Caps came back from down 3-0 in the game and 3-1 in the series to beat the Flyers in OT.  Dale Hunter cements his status and King Capital.  

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I had no reason to feel good that they wyould win game 7 after already losing 2 at home previously. Plus, Atlanta was confident and the Sixers were anything but. 

Yep! For sure Atlanta was ready to play.

Ideal climate city for me I think might be flagstaff. 

Even as the west is baking they are barely in the 90’s. They don’t get humidity and it is a desert type client so highs generally in the 70’s and 80’s and Lows in the 40’s or 50’s.

The winters would also be heaven. They average over 100 inches per year. 

I honestly can’t think of a better mix as anything east of the Mississippi gets too humid for me, the upper plains are too brutally cold, and the pacific coast you lose seasons and snow.

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

In the Caps defense, that was before they displayed choking tendencies.  Maybe that helped them into it.  Cannot imagine how tired they were.   If you tried that with me I would come back with the April 1988 game where the Caps came back from down 3-0 in the game and 3-1 in the series to beat the Flyers in OT.  Dale Hunter cements his status and King Capital.  

I have horrid memories of that series. My depression train rolls on this afternoon.

Pretty soon, I'll be tied and locked up and forced to listen to Craig Laughlin for 3 hours. 

6 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Even as the west is baking they are barely in the 90’s. They don’t get humidity and it is a desert type client so highs generally in the 70’s and 80’s and Lows in the 40’s or 50’s.

I honestly can’t think of a better mix as anything east of the Mississippi gets too humid for me, the upper plains are too brutally cold, and the pacific coast you lose seasons and snow.

I have friends who were originally from my area, moved to Santa Ana, CA in 1986 and then moved to Flagstaff in 2016. They absolutely LOVE living there, for all the reasons that you mentioned. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I have horrid memories of that series. My depression train rolls on this afternoon.

Pretty soon, I'll be tied and locked up and forced to listen to Craig Laughlin for 3 hours. 

LOL, sorry.   "Locker" is a great color guy.  At least if a Caps fan.  Jim Jackson is the guy I do not like to listen too.  He is too excitable so the whole game is a heart attack.   

11 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Flagstaff has a lot going for it.    Outside the water issues we spoke about earlier (last week I think).  People are usually in a good mood because so many are retired and seem happy. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, sorry.   "Locker" is a great color guy.  At least if a Caps fan.  Jim Jackson is the guy I do not like to listen too.  He is too excitable so the whole game is a heart attack.   

Locker seems truly like a great guy. I cannot stand his voice. In fairness, Steve Coates was even worse calling Flyers games of yore. 

I've heard that Jim Jackson can be a real...well, not an approachable person to meet. I miss Bill Clement. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Great points.  I've been to Arizona a couple times to visit my grandparents in Cave Creek but haven't made it any farther north than Sedona, which is beautiful by the way.

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The irony of the CMC/GFS Cool down vs. EC hot up is that the EC does not clear the front by Sat AM so it potentially ruins the holiday.  CMC and GFS are the models to root for in wanting a nice July 4th weekend.

That is true too, the ridge hasn’t been shoved aside at that point and could lead to a stationary front in the wrong place/garbage weather pattern for the holiday weekend.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

That is true too, the ridge hasn’t been shoved aside at that point and could lead to a stationary front in the wrong place/garbage weather pattern for the holiday weekend.

Yea, we can be a happy group with a cool/warm 4th after several days of rain during the week.  Every one gets what they want in some manner (except the 90's and humid crew in the MA)

2 hours ago, KPITSnow said:

My niece lives in Flag and loves it. The only bad part is the wildfire potential. It's dry, but there's lots of western pines in Flag and the surrounding area. She was really worried about the Rafael Fire a couple days ago.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, we can be a happy group with a cool/warm 4th after several days of rain during the week.  Every one gets what they want in some manner (except the 90's and humid crew in the MA)

I’ll forgo an analysis of the 18z GFS, as it’s the 18z GFS and we’ve already plowed through 5+ pages in this thread today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Plow?  There is a little winter in everything we say.  Though the 18Z GFS is the opposite of winter. 

On the bright side, it’s almost July, which means it’s almost almost August, which means it’s almost almost almost September. My Pirates and @Itstrainingtime’s Orioles won’t be playing any meaningful games in those months, but Dwayne Haskins will win the starting nod in the meantime and begin the Steelers’ journey to a 7th Super Bowl.

10 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

On the bright side, it’s almost July, which means it’s almost almost August, which means it’s almost almost almost September. My Pirates and @Itstrainingtime’s Orioles won’t be playing any meaningful games in those months, but Dwayne Haskins will win the starting nod in the meantime and begin the Steelers’ journey to a 7th Super Bowl.

Dwayne Haskins may be the 384 GFS of NFL QB's :-)

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Apparently Tomlin loves him already which is the kiss of death. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1