Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,981
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    WeatherANDR
    Newest Member
    WeatherANDR
    Joined

June Observations 2021


 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Very impressive 2 day rainfall total of 2.52.” Even so, Areas just west of here in wake county saw much more. Much of it fell today as steady soaking rain. 

That really is impressive.  Your two-day total matches my total rain from May 3 through June 3.

If I were a farmer relying on rainfall, I’d be close to jumping.

:cliff:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, magpiemaniac said:

That really is impressive.  Your two-day total matches my total rain from May 3 through June 3.

If I were a farmer relying on rainfall, I’d be close to jumping.

:cliff:

I've had more the last two days (2.90 so far), than I had all April and May (2.01).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

I've had more the last two days (2.90 so far), than I had all April and May (2.01).


Congratulations.  I know you needed it.

I’ll post the storm total accumulation map here shortly after this latest cell misses me to the north.  It’s been something else watching rain on the radar 360 degrees around me and not a single drop here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here’s the storm total accumulation map for the last 27+ hours.  (You can see my location on the dot under “home”.)  In all my years on this planet, I don’t think I have ever witnessed inches of rain fall all around me over an entire day while I received 0.00”.  Zero.  Nada.  Blanked.  Zilch.

46F7D174-FAA0-46F2-9B6A-8B06CC23B074.jpeg

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

RDU had almost 4” of rain. 3.88”

They have had heavier bands over there. IT all depended on where you were and if some of the bands hit you dead on. 

Im just going by what my Davis Pro vantage 2 recorded.  WE finished up with 3.02"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

Reading all these rain observations makes me feel like the third grader who doesn’t have a pet for “bring your pet school day”.  :cry:

We got lucky. We are doing my daughters wedding on the farm in the fall and I was just before pumping the pond dry irrigating the gardens.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

Reading all these rain observations makes me feel like the third grader who doesn’t have a pet for “bring your pet school day”.  :cry:

My two day total is 0.05”.  Break out the sandbags.

 

  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

Here’s the storm total accumulation map for the last 27+ hours.  (You can see my location on the dot under “home”.)  In all my years on this planet, I don’t think I have ever witnessed inches of rain fall all around me over an entire day while I received 0.00”.  Zero.  Nada.  Blanked.  Zilch.

46F7D174-FAA0-46F2-9B6A-8B06CC23B074.jpeg

Oh that is painful, I hate that for you.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

The last few days alot of strange moisture fell from the sky.  Now the brown spikey stuff on the ground has gotten softer and turned green.  I wonder if there is a connection.

Not only that but the humidity has skyrocketed. Just before noon it is 86/79 here with humidity at 80%. Can we say it feels soupy out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, jburns said:

My two day total is 0.05”.  Break out the sandbags.

 

Thats about how much I got the other day which was the first I've had in a long time. Days back I got zero when a lot of the northern half  got soaked. Some rain to the south of me today..so I'm hoping. Sure need it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • jburns unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...