Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
June Banter 2021

George BM

9 hours ago, CntrTim85 said:

How is Baltimore looking for baseball tomorrow? Thinking of driving up from ORF for a game but nervous to spend so much $$$. Storms in the forecast but most short terms show spotty rain. Any insight?! 

I say go for it. Looks like the best shot of a storm around Baltimore is like 2-5 and then things kind of die out. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Good lord, this came across my timeline - check this out:

A really unique and defined tornado from yesterday. Since cell phone cameras have become so ubiquitous, and we see more and more informal chasing, or just man-on-the-road stuff like this....I'm astounded at 1) some of the angles we're getting on tornadoes now, and 2) how quickly some tornadoes travel. Yeah, I've read the statistics and after-reports over the years, but man....actually seeing the on-the-ground speed (e.g., like the 2nd video here) is something else...

1 hour ago, mappy said:

ugh, sorry friend. 

Another repair guy coming out today between now and 930pm :rolleyes:

Had to wait 45mins on hold to get ahold of the scheduling agent at BGE Home yesterday evening to tell them their guy literally did a 2 hour fix only.

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Had to wait 45mins on hold to get ahold of the scheduling agent at BGE Home yesterday evening to tell them their guy literally did a 2 hour fix only.

This truly sucks....sorry for you and your fam, especially in these temps. And trying to call to get an actual human on the line to help anymore is like seeking out the Holy Grail.

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

man that's the worst. that happened to us a while back, our HVAC guy came out to fix a refrigerate leak, and it helped for a bit until it didn't. We had a bigger crack further up the line that needed to be replaced. We ended up replacing the whole unit (it was old anyways). 

37 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Oh man, that sucks!  I hope someone can get out to you and fix it correctly soon, finally!

I definitely empathize with no AC in the heat.  Our power went out (like most people's!) after the 2012 derecho for about 3 days.  It was pushing 100 degrees the next couple of days after, and it r-e-a-l-l-y was not pleasant!

15 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

what was the problem this time?   

Replaced the capacitor on the heat pump outside. That was one of the things that my internet reading said was often the problem with the warnings the thermostat was flashing. Also cleared the drain.

I’m getting a little stressed through because the air coming out is still not very cold. Trying to give it a little time...

7 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Still not fixed. House is not cooling down. I’m so f-cking tired of this.

It isn't funny anymore so no jokes.  I'm sorry.  Sounds more serious than they want to find.  More money to now get someone else out who might know what they are doing.

32 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Replaced the capacitor on the heat pump outside. That was one of the things that my internet reading said was often the problem with the warnings the thermostat was flashing. Also cleared the drain.

I’m getting a little stressed through because the air coming out is still not very cold. Trying to give it a little time...

great!  When mine went up last year and i found a shop which sold me the capacitor for 8 bucks.  I replaced it, but it was the compressor, but not bad for a quick attempt. 

Funny thing is....my neighbor just texted and said his upstairs unit has a leak....:-)

6 minutes ago, H2O said:

It isn't funny anymore so no jokes.  I'm sorry.  Sounds more serious than they want to find.  More money to now get someone else out who might know what they are doing.

I've got a guy....let me know if you want his info. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic