• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

On 4/4/2021 at 8:01 PM, rochesterdave said:

These totals do line up well with a La Niña winter. Mostly below but a few above throughout a swath from Ohio valley through interior mid Atlantic. Syracuse and Rochester MUCH below 

On 4/5/2021 at 9:47 AM, vortmax said:

Just wait until we get our April surprise. ;)

On 4/5/2021 at 11:25 AM, rochesterdave said:

Hahaha. Ya never know....but I’m pretty sure it’s over. Here’s hoping for a cool, dry summer. Golf weather. 

Just sayin' Dave ;)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

Defo band sits to our west intially before the system moves NE  but also pulls the heaviest to our NE..So you get this "gap" appearance..

That seems to happen a lot. Is it just a strange coincidence of the past 2 winters? Data would suggest otherwise though.

27 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Whats more rare May 7th 1989 or Oct. storm 2006, not in terms of snowfall just time of year? I think I ran the numbers before and they were pretty close. 

I would vote Oct 2006. Even though sun angle is much higher on May 7 the boreal north still has gobs of snow and ice cover. I think Hudson Bay is still frozen at that time. Point being there’s serious cold to still pull from when the jet stream buckles. Not the same in early October. Canadians still skinny dipping in the balmy waters of Hudson Bay at that time.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Whats more rare May 7th 1989 or Oct. storm 2006, not in terms of snowfall just time of year? I think I ran the numbers before and they were pretty close. 

October surprise...it was in the low 90’s (of memory serves me) 3 weeks prior to that and the lake was in the low 60’s!!! Quite a feat.

The latest report from the St. Louis airport is reporting a snow/rain mix. 

Data at: 1756 UTC 20 Apr 2021

METAR for: KSTL (St Louis/Lambert Int, MO, US) 
Text: KSTL 201751Z 34008KT 3/4SM R30R/3000V4000FT -SNRA BR BKN005 OVC010 01/M01 A3010 RMK AO2 SLP202 P0006 60013 T00111006 10061 20011 50004
Temperature: 1.1°C ( 34°F)
Dewpoint: -0.6°C ( 31°F) [RH = 88%]
Pressure (altimeter): 30.10 inches Hg (1019.4 mb) [Sea level pressure: 1020.2 mb]
Winds: from the NNW (340 degrees) at 9 MPH (8 knots; 4.1 m/s)
Visibility: 0.75 sm ( 1.21 km)
Ceiling: 500 feet AGL
Clouds: broken clouds at 500 feet AGL, overcast cloud deck at 1000 feet AGL
Weather: -SN -RA BR (light snow, light rain, mist)

6 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yup and jefferson, lewis east of Ontario..

They are concerned about further east...I think they'll extend into Wayne at least. Their snow maps only go til 8pm tomorrow so little LE included. While overly aggressive 3 weeks ago, I think they're under-calling it now. 

Looks like BUF is going with the Euro.

• Like 1