yotaman

April Observations 2021

3 hours ago, Avdave said:

Was nice to get some rain yesterday evening and even some pea size hail which seemed to be common yesterday where it did storm

I was trying to see exactly what pee sized hail was and my wife got really mad with the mess I made in the bathroom. She said something about moving to a home. :weep:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, jburns said:

I was trying to see exactly what pee sized hail was and my wife got really mad with the mess I made in the bathroom. She said something about moving to a home. :weep:

Well played sir:lol:

post-108-0-62884800-1390929613.gif

Tornado touched down in Seneca, sc today. Flipped a car upside down and moved several others in a parking lot near bounty land.

no warning from the nws for this cell as it dropped a tornado. 

• Sad 1

Finally got some pollen washing away rain last night. .48" in the rain bucket this morning. After a low of 65, currently it is 70/64.

I’ve been in the United Kingdom for most of this year. Literally no snow the whole time until this month. Like we’ve seen snow 5 different times with the current one being the only measurable event. Yesterday it was in the mid 40s and snowing lol. Today we have 0.50 on the ground. What a wild location and WX pattern, especially after very warm start to Spring.

31 -SN currently.

• Like 4

Looking to be an absolutely gorgeous day today.  Currently sunny and 55/46.  Expecting mid-70s this afternoon.

I checked RAH’s forecast to pick a day this week for a round of golf.  Scheduled a tee time for Wednesday morning.  Woke up to see rain in Wednesday’s forecast.  I need to check model output in advance more regularly from now on rather than relying on humans to update their websites.

Moved tee time to Thursday morning.  Bad news is that it’ll likely be cart path only after Wednesday’s rain.

:weep:

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
0445 PM EDT TUE APR 13 2021

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT ATLANTA...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 86 WAS SET AT ATLANTA TODAY.
THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 86 SET IN 1981.

Low of 49, felt chilly this am while walking the pups. High of 75. Another beautiful spring day. Hoping for some rain tonight to wash the pollen away.

• Thanks 1

High of 73, low is our current temp of 64. Only managed a few sprinkles today. Dry, dry, dry. .79" so far this month. Half of that was on the 1st.

5 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Lows in the 40’s and highs in the low 70’s is absolute perfection :wub:

Agree 100%. Low 49, high 70 with sunny blue skies. Perfect day.

Morning low of 48.6.  No measurable rain since April 10.  A 35 degree rain was easy to come by all winter.  Now we can’t buy a drop.  It’s been great for outdoor activities, but this is going to get old quickly if we’re not careful.

3 hours ago, magpiemaniac said:

Morning low of 48.6.  No measurable rain since April 10.  A 35 degree rain was easy to come by all winter.  Now we can’t buy a drop.  It’s been great for outdoor activities, but this is going to get old quickly if we’re not careful.

Isn't it crazy? January/February was just miserable, now it's like Las Vegas weather here on a daily basis

Had a surprise storm today that dropped .19". I guess that was better than nothing. It dropped the temp from a high of 77 to our current temp of 66.

Although it's basic climatology, western NC and SC have been getting so much more rain than eastern areas the past few years especially since Florence. I'm still at a decent surplus on the year and close to 3 inches on the month. 

• Like 1