Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2021

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep...

Thank you for sharing!

Of course, you're welcome! The pollen levels have been brutal here in Millersville all month. Literally CLUMPS of pollen just laying all around. Would be nice to get some rain!

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

8" at the start of summer should be a WSW regardless of rules.

8”, even in Wisconsin, is a WSW in most cases. Can confirm, I’ve also lived there. (But probably not on 5/27 when that kind of accumulation couldn’t occur on roadways under any condition.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'm guessing this big area of moderate rain from State College west missing most all of the LSV. It's trajectory doesn't get it on the other side of the hills it appears. 

Yea, I doubt MDT gets big rains today.  We did just have a gust of wind to 40 though so not sure you want them.

54 minutes ago, Newman said:

Lancaster AP now officially at the driest month of MAY on record (as of now with a week left). Only 0.78" of precip has fallen all month, and barely any measurable rain since May 8th/9th.

142450882_chart(4).thumb.png.9745004ffe35279fcd1f8d3c8874f698.png

Yep, I'm at only .77" for the month out here ~10 miles west of the airport.  Haven't had more than a tenth of an inch since May 7th.  We'll see what today brings but I'm not optimistic.

1 hour ago, Newman said:

Lancaster AP now officially at the driest month of MAY on record (as of now with a week left). Only 0.78" of precip has fallen all month, and barely any measurable rain since May 8th/9th.

142450882_chart(4).thumb.png.9745004ffe35279fcd1f8d3c8874f698.png

I was saying to someone how it's barely thunderstormed all month...what's funny is I was thinking how we were gonna pay somehow for the record rainfall in 2018-2019.

2 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I was saying to someone how it's barely thunderstormed all month...what's funny is I was thinking how we were gonna pay somehow for the record rainfall in 2018-2019.

I've only had two thunderstorms thus far this year.  Just glanced at the gauge and it looks like maybe 6 hundredths of an inch, the race to a tenth of an inch is on!

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I've only had two thunderstorms thus far this year.  Just glanced at the gauge and it looks like maybe 6 hundredths of an inch, the race to a tenth of an inch is on!

The lack of sun/cooler weather goes almost as far in saving the grass as the lighter rain will.  Looks about .33 here. 

11 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

It's funny you say this, I was thinking the same thing. It has not been a severe weather spring for sure. 

45 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

38 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The lack of sun/cooler weather goes almost as far in saving the grass as the lighter rain will.  Looks about .33 here. 

.05" here, currently 58 and cloudy. Yes...58 degrees right now compared to 91 exactly 24 hours ago. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nice shower just rolled through here, up to .13" for the day. Still a little light rain falling. 

Sure enough, MDT has now recorded 6.5x as much rain as PIT today, despite the inch and a half I received.