• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2021

Just now, paweather said:

I'm all in. I need a plane though can't get out there in time! 

Way off topic, but Frontier Airlines keeps trying to advertise flights to me from Pittsburgh to the Twin Cities or Bismarck (via Denver) and even if I ignore the fact that Bismarck isn’t exactly a happening vacation spot, I’m wondering why in anyone’s right mind someone would fly PIT -> DEN -> either BIS or MSP.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Way off topic, but Frontier Airlines keeps trying to advertise flights to me from Pittsburgh to the Twin Cities or Bismarck (via Denver) and even if I ignore the fact that Bismarck isn’t exactly a happening vacation spot, I’m wondering why in anyone’s right mind someone would fly PIT -> DEN -> either BIS or MSP.

Its for Steelers fans in BIS or MSP.  Pitt is the vacation spot.  But yea the backwards travel is not a smart move. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Its for Steelers fans in BIS or MSP.  Pitt is the vacation spot.  But yea the backwards travel is not a smart move. 

Oh right, I forgot about that very obvious reason one would travel to Pittsburgh.

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

This week is a roller coaster of weather. Raw yesterday, 80 and kinda humid today, blazing hot tomorrow with rain, Thursday looks calm, heavy rain Friday, cold Saturday, Sunday and Monday looking quite ideal. 

Your not kidding one wild swing week of weather!

* And at least not boring weather. 

21 minutes ago, paweather said:

NWS going conservative on rain amounts:

Showers, mainly after 2pm. High near 68. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Technically they are right.  If you get 3 inches you did get between a quarter and half inch along with more.  MDT paid me to say this. 100 dogecoins

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

There's an incredible difference in fan behavior between Heinz Field and Lincoln Financial Field, I'll tell you that. Philly is one of a kind...

There are a ton of spoiled brat fairweather fans in Pittsburgh, probably more than in most cities. That’s the biggest issue with our fan base, IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There's an incredible difference in fan behavior between Heinz Field and Lincoln Financial Field, I'll tell you that. Philly is one of a kind...

Had a glass beer bottle thrown at my wife at a Phillies game. Had a guy try to burn me with his cigarette walking on the Clemente bridge post-Pirates game. 

Both can F off. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Had a glass beer bottle thrown at my wife at a Phillies game. Had a guy try to burn me with his cigarette walking on the Clemente bridge post-Pirates game. 

Both can F off. 

That POS doesn’t represent our city. 

• Like 1

Just now, TimB84 said:

Can fans who went 86 years between championships be defined as spoiled brats? A philosophical question.

I said that for Bubbler and Canderson. It's all good - it's interesting how things have changed though. Back in the 80s and 90s Red Sox fans were few and far between in Baltimore. It all changed around, oh...2004.  :)

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I said that for Bubbler and Canderson. It's all good - it's interesting how things have changed though. Back in the 80s and 90s Red Sox fans were few and far between in Baltimore. It all changed around, oh...2004.  :)

Given the significant overlap of Red Sox fans with fans of another professional sports franchise I hate with a passion, that timing seems about right.

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Absolutely went to an Eagles, Cowboys game back in 2006. I acted like I was an eagle fans lol, Cowboys were terrible that year but the people we got the tickets from told me to be very careful you are sitting with diehard Eagles so I played my part until the end of the game when the Cowboys picked off McNabb they got a pick 6 and won the game I couldn't hold it any longer. I jumped up and the guy next to me looked at me like what are you doing. I started getting coined from above, dimes, pennies etc. and the game ends the guy put his hand out like he was going to shake it, as I put my hand out he slapped me in the face. LOL. I sat there until every fan left the stadium. Classic. 

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well to be fair that's when tickets become hard to get and very expensive in Boston (started occuring before 04) and the O's started sucking so tickets were cheap and easily available. 

Yinz aint kiddin about Philly, once went to a regular season phillies game with some buddies while in college and next thing you know as we're just sitting there a beer goes flying by my buddy's head, all because he was wearing a Yankees hat.  Then the guy tried to climb over a railing and come fight him, luckily security removed him quickly.  Mind you they were playing the Marlins and my buddy is from New York and a life long Yanks fan, it's just the hat he would always throw on to go anywhere.  Anyway, one of many tales I could tell about Philly fans but yes it's true that all cities have their nuts, Philly just a few more I would wager ha.