Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,788
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    johnduzzee
    Newest Member
    johnduzzee
    Joined

Central PA - Spring 2021


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I did not notice your location change until now.  Were you posting in the NC forum?  :-)

No, only have in here. Limited posting for obvious reasons but wanted to provide updates on what it's like here.

If you look at the Outer Banks on a map, it's sort of shaped like a boomerang. We are at the eastern most tip of it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's closer to the ocean than many oceanfront homes are, but because it's not, I pay a fraction of what the oceanfront homes go for. Private pool, hot tub, cornhole, and bikes all included and it's a great time.

can you PM me the info. I'd like to check it out for next year, depending on what it sleeps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Figured you were, looks juicy out that way.  You could see earlier the way the radar was playing out that the best area for convergence was going to be along the central border.

It is intense.  Too much so if you ask me.  Over near Manchester MD there is apparently flash flooding ongoing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is intense.  Too much so if you ask me.  Over near Manchester MD there is apparently flash flooding ongoing.

What’s crazy is these will not reach HBG I doubt. They’re gonna just sit and sit until they peter out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worked in  Cascade today and a dark cloud hung a mile west of me for hours . At 3:30 when I left. I drove a couple hundred yards and the sky freaking unleashed.  Best downpour I've seen in years between Cascade and Thurmont . Mby must have gotten a decent hit . Bad cell service in Cascade but my VP2 showed.  .60" and another .25" since 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yes they're a great spot, always a great day to be in Happy Valley!

Always wish I would have went to school there. Mountain View was in really good shape for 40$. Otto’s was bigger than I expected. Probably an awesome place to watch PSU games. Had the green weenie ipa and their lager which were both good. Supposed to play Bedford springs tomorrow but looking iffy based on how much rain they got today and tomorrow’s forecast. Thanks again for the help :beer:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looks that way! I’m not sold on me getting much rain tomorrow - think the winners today win again tomorrow - but should get a little which will help. 

All we can do is look at where that low goes (how close). Not sure you get a ton of rain unless all the models are wrong.   Is that why you mentioned low humidity?  LOL.  To set up no rain :-)?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

All we can do is look at where that low goes (how close). Not sure you get a ton of rain unless all the models are wrong.   Is that why you mentioned low humidity?  LOL.  To set up no rain :-)?  

I feel they are overamping the low just enough - hope I’m dead wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

@CarlislePaWx just got a old fashioned Namming.  Its not done accumulating yet but he is already pushing 5" tomorrow afternoon

What???  I'm just checking in for the first time today (it's 12:45am Friday) and just saw your message.  Well the way the models have all blown the high amounts of rain anywhere in our area means I'll believe it when I see it.  It's actually quite pleasant out there tonight.  I took my dog out around 10:30 and immediately felt the drier air with a gentle breeze.  Sure enough when I came back in and checked my station it had a temp of 73 and a dew point of 59!  There have been sprinkles on and off so far.  Has evaporatively cooled down to 67 with a dew point of 57.  I'm willing to bet that if we stay cloudy all day Friday and it rains the temps will hold in the low 60's.  I wouldn't mind getting 5" of rain as it would fill up the reserves and turn everything green again.  It's been quite dry here since the start of the month with only 0.58" total qpf so far.  I don't have to worry about flooding as I have a huge retention basin right beside me that would have to fill up to like 10 feet before there'd be any issues.  Not worried at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

What???  I'm just checking in for the first time today (it's 12:45am Friday) and just saw your message.  Well the way the models have all blown the high amounts of rain anywhere in our area means I'll believe it when I see it.  It's actually quite pleasant out there tonight.  I took my dog out around 10:30 and immediately felt the drier air with a gentle breeze.  Sure enough when I came back in and checked my station it had a temp of 73 and a dew point of 59!  There have been sprinkles on and off so far.  Has evaporatively cooled down to 67 with a dew point of 57.  I'm willing to bet that if we stay cloudy all day Friday and it rains the temps will hold in the low 60's.  I wouldn't mind getting 5" of rain as it would fill up the reserves and turn everything green again.  It's been quite dry here since the start of the month with only 0.58" total qpf so far.  I don't have to worry about flooding as I have a huge retention basin right beside me that would have to fill up to like 10 feet before there'd be any issues.  Not worried at all.

It was just one run of the nam.  A good old fashioned namming.  Next run you had less than an 1" as the main area moved a bit south.    But for posterity's sake:

image.png.699653dc3f6b1daad96019ff6382afeb.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As others have previously mentioned, looks like the 'ol midnight high will bite us again today.  Was just scouring some records and it appears as though Harrisburg has never had a high temp in the 50s in all of its history for the month of July (and only once in August), was a bit surprised by that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

As others have previously mentioned, looks like the 'ol midnight high will bite us again today.  Was just scouring some records and it appears as though Harrisburg has never had a high temp in the 50s in all of its history for the month of July (and only once in August), was a bit surprised by that.

Makes sense, we’re generally a little colder than you out here (not today) and we only have one day in July/August that hasn’t reached 60 (7/5/72).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...