• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Severe Weather 3/12-3/15

latest velocity signatures down between Lake Tanglewood and TX 207 looks multi-vortex again. must be a real impressive show. but I saw a lot of chasers on the GR-3 moving from the town of Claude to the west of the storm. the way it's traveling, it almost looks like they should have stayed put near Claude as the storm will be in perfect view from there and safely to the west.

Well today didn't evolve how I expected at all. A lot more west and north than I anticipated. Wf may have helped that Happy, TX storm. Unreal cyclic beast. Thank god it missed major population centers because that was definitely probably an EF3-EF4 caliber tornado. Moderate risk area may end up busting tornado wise. That beast was on very edge of 15 hatched. Wonder if these storms near Lubbock will do anything. The more southern storms seem to be struggling more. One thing I did notice is as soon as those storms turned more NE instead of almost due north they went nuts. Needed that easterly component to really max out SRH. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Well today didn't evolve how I expected at all. A lot more west and north than I anticipated. Wf may have helped that Happy, TX storm. Unreal cyclic beast. Thank god it missed major population centers because that was definitely probably an EF3-EF4 caliber tornado. Moderate risk area may end up busting tornado wise. That beast was on very edge of 15 hatched. Wonder if these storms near Lubbock will do anything. The more southern storms seem to be struggling more. One thing I did notice is as soon as those storms turned more NE instead of almost due north they went nuts. Needed that easterly component to really max out SRH. 

Yo, it's 1640 CST, why are you talking like that before cells have even actually moved into the MDT risk? 

7 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Considering the cells are just moving into the mod risk, this may be a bit premature. 

Just now, Cartier God said:

storm near claude texas is starting to strengthen

looking at the frames when the outflow first started getting sucked into the northern cell to the latest frames where the cell south of Claude just went ballistic the last few frames, I wonder if maybe the upper cell ingesting that southern cell's outflow may have actually given the southern storm better life by allowing a freer outflow channel aloft compared to when the storms were back by I-27.

50 minutes ago, MUWX said:

Considering the cells are just moving into the mod risk, this may be a bit premature. 

53 minutes ago, Calderon said:

Yo, it's 1640 CST, why are you talking like that before cells have even actually moved into the MDT risk? 

Well given that storm mode is significantly less discrete than it was earlier may not see like we did earlier with that storm. Not saying significant tornadoes can't happen in the moderate risk. Just seems like now the supercells are merging largely. But will likely still see spin ups given the shear. Could be more QLCS related though. We shall see. I was just expecting what happened further west to happen more so to the east. That's what I was getting at. Still somewhat semi discrete mode. I think even if it goes linear there will still be plenty of strong rotations within it.