Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

39 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I’ve been in Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Market 32, Wegmans, Cumberland Farms, local hardware stores, etc. Never had one word said to me by store personnel. Not once. We went to a local independently owned restaurant with another couple last weekend. Walked in without one, stayed 2 hours, and walked out without one. Once the state lifts the mandates it’s over. Except for federal property and airlines of course. 

having a policy and enforcing a policy are two different things.  i've never seen anyone enforce a mask mandate, whether it be a state employee or a store employee.  doesn't matter.  as long as big businesses continue to have those policies on the books, a majority of people will wear masks.  their mask policies are a business decision anyway.  they saw that fewer people were coming into their stores because they didn't want to be with the anti-maskers, so they enacted these policies last spring and summer.

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

The Space Shuttle was such a mistake. We should have continued down the line of Apollo and kept refining it. We would definitely have been to Mars by now. 

Different purposes. They should have kept something like Apollo going for sure as well as develop a reliable LEO manner system.  Budgets, American desires didn’t allow both.  The Space Truck idea was cheaper (they thought).  It had so many flaws though

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

Wonder if they would have scheduled those shots if they had the Capitals or islanders today

Did the whole team get them?

I read where Cora said some of the Sox were getting them this week. I thought surely they would spread it out. What happens when they all get the second one and half of them feel like crap and can’t play.

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Different purposes. They should have kept something like Apollo going for sure as well as develop a reliable LEO manner system.  Budgets, American desires didn’t allow both.  The Space Truck idea was cheaper (they thought).  It had so many flaws though

They were way, way off in the cost per pound to orbit and how often they’d be able to launch. Off by several orders of magnitude. I think they could have launched the entire ISS with a handful of Saturn V launches instead of using the Shuttle and dozens of flights. 

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

They were way, way off in the cost per pound to orbit and how often they’d be able to launch. Off by several orders of magnitude. I think they could have launched the entire ISS with a handful of Saturn V launches instead of using the Shuttle and dozens of flights. 

I know the Saturn Vs were super expensive to fly. Plus you would need a crew to assemble it.  They would need a vehicle

aboard that would allow that. Skylab didn’t need much assembly 

But I agree with your overall assessment 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

very nice!

10 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That looks great 

I’m very impressed with the company. They have quite the operation. I was able to design the shed exactly how I wanted it online, and they answered literally all the questions I had almost immediately. More expensive, but much better than buying something out of the parking lot at Home Depot 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m very impressed with the company. They have quite the operation. I was able to design the shed exactly how I wanted it online, and they answered literally all the questions I had almost immediately. More expensive, but much better than buying something out of the parking lot at Home Depot 

That is the way to go. Anytime you're able to design something yourself...beautiful.

A friend of mine actually just did that with a car. He had a 2021 Jeep built...thing is a beaut. His old jeep was brutal...going from summer canvas to the winter hard top...needed 3-4 people toput on/take off the winter canvas. This one...just a push button to take the top up/down. 

Checked in here for some fire works but pretty calm ....

Stock markets have been flying but took a quick dive this afternoon when the Prez released some details of his plan to double the capital gains tax haha.  The word is anything that actually passes will be watered down a bit but ...the final number could definitely put this rally on a plateau, who knows ....where else will folks get their 8-10% annual return

The Global Chip Shortage looks to be the worst in 30 years and this is going to close more and more manufacturers in the short term as these shortages make completion of finished goods (including many cars) impossible. 

Checked in here for some fire works but pretty calm ....
Stock markets have been flying but took a quick dive this afternoon when the Prez released some details of his plan to double the capital gains tax haha.  The word is anything that actually passes will be watered down a bit but ...the final number could definitely put this rally on a plateau, who knows ....where else will folks get their 8-10% annual return
The Global Chip Shortage looks to be the worst in 30 years and this is going to close more and more manufacturers in the short term as these shortages make completion of finished goods (including many cars) impossible. 

Most chip OEM are booked till next year.. some of our businesses are booked solid till early 2022, craziest I’ve seen since the 2000 boom