• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    DirectSEO
    Newest Member
    DirectSEO

February 17-18th Winter Storm Thread.

5 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Still pure snow. Not even a single sleet pellet tonight. 

giphy.gif

I don't see this changing to rain, but very challenging area to forecast.

• Like 1

I don't see this changing to rain, but very challenging area to forecast, with the limited obs data they have.

I’m 30 miles south of John or something like that and I’m 100% snow also.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

I’m 30 miles south of John or something like that and I’m 100% snow also.

Huge bust on forcasted temps here, and I'm loving it. Happy you were able to cash in. 

• Like 3

Just now, Matthew70 said:

Well finally broke the snow dome in Smyrna. Between 5” - 5 1/2”.  It’s beautiful out.  

I told ya February was prime time for the mid-state! Congratulations. Frozen from Memphis to Johnson City is rare and hopefully we achieve it here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lmao. 911 scanner just got a report of a car doing donuts on the highway and it's now stuck. I love hillbillies in the snow. Like as not some good old boy will have them pulled out before the police get there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Kentucky said:

Huge bust on forcasted temps, and I'm loving it

Hoping we can bust on forecasted high temperatures tomorrow. I’d like to keep a decent snow pack until the big thaw that starts on Sunday 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I would honestly not pay much attention to TWC in situations like this.  Future radar has been showing rain over the south end of the count for the last hour. It's not close to happening once verification hits. 

On second thought...they may be right. We are under the heaviest band of the night and it has switched to freezing rain here. Still 30°. We had 4" before the switch. I figure now that it's switched it probably won't go back to snow.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, bluegrassweather71 said:

Hoping we can bust on forecasted high temperatures tomorrow. I’d like to keep a decent snow pack until the big thaw that starts on Sunday 

Alot of ice was around today, alot of snow and ice will be around tomorrow. Forecasted highs tomorrow were only like 33-34? They missed big on highs today here.

7 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Lmao. 911 scanner just got a report of a car doing donuts on the highway and it's now stuck. I love hillbillies in the snow. Like as not some good old boy will have them pulled out before the police get there. 

57mqRCs.jpg

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

On second thought...they may be right. We are under the heaviest band of the night and it has switched to freezing rain here. Still 30°. We had 4" before the switch. I figure now that it's switched it probably won't go back to snow.

Well shoot. That stinks. It will definitely have a hard time switching back. Freezing rain into several inches of snow sounds awful. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

Just switched over to rain here as well, right as the temp fell to 32.1

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kentucky said:

Alot of ice was around today, alot of snow tommorow. But we all know it's coming

I’ll be ready for spring in a couple of weeks. Had to take our son back to Camp Lejeune on Tuesday. The marshes near the coast were alive with spring peepers. 

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

Well shoot. That stinks. It will definitely have a hard time switching back. Freezing rain into several inches of snow sounds awful. 

Yeah this could be bad because it looks like there's quite a bit left to come so if it stays below freezing the whole time it'll be a big mess here

3 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

Just switched over to rain here as well, right as the temp fell to 32.1

Madisonville, right below the police station.

6997CC23-C532-45EB-A950-9DC8812BB869.jpeg

• Like 2

Coming down pretty good now mostly snow. Temp is down to 32 dp 31. My dewpoint actually ticked down with the temp when it went from 33/32 to 32/31. Rates cooling the column?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

Yikes 

Got a quick burst of snow that covered the grass and roads and  just as quickly it turned to rain.  Good night all and bring on Spring.

• Like 1