• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

Well I melted down my core and I almost can't believe it.  4.6:1 stuff.  So thick and dense.    I have 4" of snow/sleet and .87" of liquid.  

Yeah, that's not melting until April. Like I said good for you snow depth guys but for me I wanted 3" rates for at least an hour with a nice jeb walk. Snow depth ain't my thing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah, that's not melting until April. Like I said good for you snow depth guys but for me I wanted 3" rates for at least an hour with a nice jeb walk. Snow depth ain't my thing. 

It really is the saving grace or me.  I honestly think we can hold this pack into the first week of march without issue which will give us a some very respectable numbers relative to Rochester snowpack climatology!

https://www.weather.gov/buf/ROCsnowdepth

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

It really is the saving grace or me.  I honestly think we can hold this pack into the first week of march without issue which will give us a some very respectable numbers relative to Rochester snowpack climatology!

I have noticed during my time of living in the Great Lakes area that a solid snow pack can stick around until about March 10th. After that, the big time melt-refreeze period kicks in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Whats the data for this season so far?

10 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Well I melted down my core and I almost can't believe it.  4.6:1 stuff.  So thick and dense.    I have 4" of snow/sleet and .87" of liquid.  

Delta are you in Rochester? I saw a pic from Lyndonville this morning on the local news and the tires on the vehicle in the driveway and the garage door lower panel was covered with what looked to be about 18+” or so, then a FB post from a neighbor who has a friend that said in the same area they received near 2 feet, is this possible?

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

Delta are you in Rochester? I saw a pic from Lyndonville this morning on the local news and the tires on the vehicle in the driveway and the garage door lower panel was covered with what looked to be about 18+” or so, then a FB post from a neighbor who has a friend that said in the same area they received near 2 feet, is this possible?

They probably measured at a sugar drift where it poured off their roof. The general public is idiotic when it comes to weather. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I measured only 3.1 inches of snow, sleet and ice which melted don to 0.65 inch. That’s a ratio of around 5:1. If the 0.65 inch was all snow at 10:1 it would have given 6.5 inches of snow. At 12:1 would have been close to 8 inches. 

Interesting. I got between 4.5 and 5 inches here. I think your area has actually been doing worse synoptically this year than much of the rest of the county.