Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Ice/Snow threat Friday-Sunday

BullCityWx

7 minutes ago, hickory said:

15 miles NE of Greensboro. Currently sitting at 31.5 with ice still in the trees from this morning. I just came back from Burlington and it was no ice in the trees from what I saw. 

I'm in Burlington - and not very visible but you can hear the ice in the tops of the trees - I confirmed very little ice on front porch vinyl railing - but nothing on leaves, wood, metal (oddly enough) - but as we lose daylight - just a matter of time.

• Like 1

I’m about to tune into the local news to hear a certain weatherman weatherperson say, “Hey, guys. Listen up. It’s cold and it might get colder. But you know what, guys? It’s okay. If you’re inside with that certain loved one all bundled up and warm, you’ll be fine. Valentine’s Day is coming up, guys. And that’ll warm your heart even when it’s cold outside. But anyway, guys. Like I said, it’s cold. And we could see some more ice. So stay warm, guys.”

(I’m not exaggerating.)

I am eager to hear what Van says later though.  Seems like Tim is on board with the possibility of more than just a superficial icing event for the Triad.

4 minutes ago, WXNewton said:

Yeah seeing a lot of temps around freezing already just North of  Statesville, a degree or two in this setup could be a huge deal!

Ride the line lol Statesville-Davie-Taylorsville-High Point and N imo though .... I still think major problems will only be areas that dip to 29/30