• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Classbravo
    Newest Member
    Classbravo
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep, and the Op's of varying countries are responding as such.   Whether it snows or not is debatable but the theme of the 12Z runs so far has been much colder next week.

You said nearly the same at 6z....

sounds like your theme may be looking like a trend.

Was just at a clients.....I hate it already. #sweatin

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

You said nearly the same at 6z....

sounds like your theme may be looking like a trend.

Was just at a clients.....I hate it already. #sweatin

Yep, 6Z was colder and 12Z is even colder.  The prospects of more March winter hit rock bottom on the 12Z Euro yesterday and has been trending back up since then.  

6 minutes ago, paweather said:

D$mn cutter @ 222. 

LOL, take a look at the Euro from yesterday...and the extreme changes in both ground truth weather and upper air patterns for early next week as of today, and take anything the Euro says 7-10 out with a grain of salt.    The Euro has completely evacuated the east of cold air at 222 while the GFS and CMC have completely different timing and results.  The GFS is a cutter....Euro is more like a staller and transferer. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I always thought you were known as a bit of a warminista.  You are on the Cold Choo Choo lately.  :-) 

Haha, figure it’s going to be back and forth cold and warm anyways, we may as well have some excitement! I’m on board the more snow wagon fully!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We never made it to 60 today...on the way down now at 57 with  a cool mostly easterly wind gusting over 20.   Maybe tomorrow.  I know most of the LSV scored big warm wise. 

Sitting at 67.2 here. Temps leveled off over the past hour. Down to 64 inside under the ACW. 

I hit 66 today.  FYI, for those who are unaware there is a new resource that came online this past year that I believe to be the best site for real-time Pennsylvania observations called the Keystone Mesonet.  It's a collaboration between various entities like PennDOT, DEP, FAA, Turnpike Comm., PEMA, etc. that aggregates all of their existing sensors and weather stations into one location.  You can click on any individual location to view the live data, which in some cases is fairly detailed.  Also has a pretty nice radar that can be overlaid.  It's very user-friendly, see link and screenshot below.  I may or may not have been loosely involved in said project.  Enjoy!

https://keystone-mesonet.org/

image.thumb.png.ebf1245d45e61d68d0014df94f02b52c.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I hit 66 today.  FYI, for those who are unaware there is a new resource that came online this past year that I believe to be the best site for real-time Pennsylvania observations called the Keystone Mesonet.  It's a collaboration between various entities like PennDOT, DEP, FAA, Turnpike Comm., PEMA, etc. that aggregates all of their existing sensors and weather stations into one location.  You can click on any individual location to view the live data, which in some cases is fairly detailed.  Also has a pretty nice radar that can be overlaid.  It's very user-friendly, see link and screenshot below.  I may or may not have been loosely involved in said project.  Enjoy!

https://keystone-mesonet.org/

image.thumb.png.ebf1245d45e61d68d0014df94f02b52c.png

Thanks for sharing! Nice to see that 67 sitting right over the Trainer's house. :) 

Looks like about 62ºF here this afternoon, which just happened to be the number of inches of snow the 12z GFS had for Denver today (mostly Sun-Tues).

Boy those model and ensemble plots are a sight to behold in that region. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

URGENT - SPRINGTIME WEATHER MESSAGE
Itstrainingtime Weather Service Maytown PA
11:35 AM EST Tue Mar 9 2021

...Significant home interior warmth conditions developing...

PA CTP 
Maytown / Northwest Lancaster County-
11:35 AM EST Tue Mar 9 2021

...CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING WARNING IS IN AFFECT THROUGH THURSDAY MARCH 11TH...

* WHAT...Home interior temperatures rising above 65 degrees 

* WHERE...Maytown/Lancaster County

* WHEN...Until midnight Thursday

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for central air to be turned on for 1st time in 2021

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Central Air Conditioning Storm Warning means that air conditioning start up is occurring or imminent. 
Plan on reduced temperatures beginning shortly after the onset of system startup, and allow for plenty of
exterior noise as the outdoor fan runs. Temperatures inside the home should return to more comfortable levels
following startup. 

Remember - Don't suffer, turn on the Air Conditioning! Many people suffer unnecessarily from high interior 
temperatures. Running A/C reduces temperatures and saves lives resulting from heat stroke. 

$$ Mike

This is fantastic! Well done!

I Hope next week we will be back to Winter Weather Advisories!

• Thanks 1