• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Malcolm M
    Newest Member
    Malcolm M

February/March 2021 - Frigid or Flop? Pattern/Longterm Forecast Thread.

Rally cap...long shot stuff.   I didn't feel like the 0z Euro was exactly benign centered on March 3.  Also, the 12z para-GFS has a low which takes the low road, but with a less than optimal thermal profile around the same time frame.  Cold is not exactly in play, but this is a ways out and things could change(for the better or worse).

Got to think SER shows up sooner than later and we start seeing cutters with thunderstorms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PowellVolz said:

Got to think SER shows up sooner than later and we start seeing cutters with thunderstorms.

Short term, yes.  Been saying the last week of Feb through March 3rd was going to be warm.  If the MJO rolls to 1-3, the SER will be squashed at some point after that time frame.  Seeing that scenario on some LR modeling operationals. Nothing a given at this point.  Real question is does the MJO loop back to 7 or turn to 1-2.  SER for the next week for sure.  Going to be a swampy mess.  I am of the opinion this is the same reset pattern that we have seen already twice this winter.  I could be wrong...won’t be the first and certainly won’t be the last.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Carvers Gap said:

Half tunnel for the garden is about to go up!  @Stovepipe, when are you starting your tomato seeds?

Nice!  It's a downscaling year for me.  I've got a bunch of other things going on so I'm just going to buy a few plants.

• Like 1