Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

20 minutes ago, snywx said:

Walt.. what are your thoughts on the Hudson valley specifically the I84 corridor for early next week. Thank you for taking the time to post with us on this forum!

You're very welcome.  I might be too strong on the posts... but I just try to cut to the chase..  lots of life can go over the bridge if too involved. Not an excuse, just a reality that I try to keep in mind.  

That said... Nothing different from the posts.  My guess is 6+ with heaviest n of I84 but that differs from WPC so take me w grain of salt and let's rereview late today on the primary thread.  Also, pay attention to the other posters here and elsewhere who see negatives. I try to be conservative but push.

Still plenty of uncertainty and yes, I can see only 3" extreme nw NJ and se NYS if half of this is sleet.... I do think we'll get to 6 before any sleet mix.  I can't see "ensemble" EPS GEFS soundings with the access to data platforms that I rent now, so that's a disadvantage.  I make lots of presumptions from the datasets that I review, and maybe too HASTILY. Later, Walt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I know a couple of people planning their retirement with this GME thing. One guy bought 10k shares at ~$3.50.share and the others are all over 1k shares. When it goes over $750 they ought to be pretty happy. What about some of the long time store managers that have been taking stock options every year and have a few thousand shares built up? Lucky... 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nesussxwx said:

0z NAM looks good. hopefully we get a trend that becomes our friend.

I’m thinking it will take another 24 hours of model runs to get really honed in. So the 00z runs Sunday should be telling. Some tweaks along the way, hopefully in our favor in our neck of the woods.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Woke up yesterday morning to the 0z Euro City Chart showing zilch snowfall here...this morning it’s showing 10” again. We take. 

Rjay texted me the euro overnight but i had taken 3 advil pm....definitely couldnt figure out what the hell i was looking at.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

I wish

Because of testing at work or because it doesn’t work for you?  My brother won’t take it because he’s afraid it may show up in a random test, I’m not subject to random testing thankfully just reasonable suspicion testing. I’ve been taking it for about 8 months now and it definitely has helped with my chronic back pain and I sleep better. 

12z NAM, sure it’s less than 6z up here, which I’m sure someone will freak out about, but a solid hit. Starting to feel more confident now of a solid storm. 

6 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Because of testing at work or because it doesn’t work for you?  My brother won’t take it because he’s afraid it may show up in a random test, I’m not subject to random testing thankfully just reasonable suspicion testing. I’ve been taking it for about 8 months now and it definitely has helped with my chronic back pain and I sleep better. 

12z NAM, sure it’s less than 6z up here, which I’m sure someone will freak out about, but a solid hit. Starting to feel more confident now of a solid storm. 

Yeah, random. Companies can claim all they want that theres no thc in any of their stuff, but its not fully regulated yet. 

• Like 1

Off topic from this coming storm...but was looking to get some ice fishing in tomorrow before the storm.

Around me it seems only maybe Middle Branch reservoir has some safe ice...maybe a couple other spots?

Anyone know of any spots with safe ice now given the cold weather past week or two? Thinking maybe some spots slightly further north than me (Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, etc.) may have a few more options

4 hours ago, sn0w said:

Off topic from this coming storm...but was looking to get some ice fishing in tomorrow before the storm.

Around me it seems only maybe Middle Branch reservoir has some safe ice...maybe a couple other spots?

Anyone know of any spots with safe ice now given the cold weather past week or two? Thinking maybe some spots slightly further north than me (Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, etc.) may have a few more options

Overflow res in Brewster was full of ice fishermen today.

Looks like 8-12 here huh? 

55 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Overflow res in Brewster was full of ice fishermen today.

Looks like 8-12 here huh? 

Yep 8-12 sounds about right...too far east I think to get the 12+ totals.

What is considered the overflow res? Is that East Branch/sodam? Or diverting off 202?