Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

11 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

I am concerned about Downsloping in Poughkeepsie area lowering our numbers significantly 

We could have areas with variations of several inches in short  travel distances. All depends on those ccb mega bands where they set up too.  Would be cool to have some thundersnow too.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

We could have areas with variations of several inches in short  travel distances. All depends on those ccb mega bands where they set up too.  Would be cool to have some thundersnow too.

Thundersnow usually happens closer to the coast in setups like this, but yeah, I would love to see it.  It has been many years. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

March 7th I recorded 12.1”, wasn’t that one. I see it was March 2nd, I had 1.2”. My notes say “snow at dawn changed to rain and flipped back and forth, back to snow in the afternoon but stuck in between bands, central and eastern Orange missed out while other areas got rocked”

I admire your commitment to journal keeping! That's awesome. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, North and West said:

We just welcomed home someone new yesterday from Eleventh Hour Rescue straight from Georgia. I assume, from my scientific analysis, that welcoming a new dog means MMU is good for at least 18”?

35ac43f07956b70a9165dc58a32636b1.jpg

That head shape and brindle coat make it look almost exactly like out Catahoola. They're a breed native to Georgia and the neighboring states. Ours doesn't have quite as much white on her face.

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

Downsloping off the Taconics could be a real thorn in my side. Legendary for OC though... 18+ there seems more likely than not.

AXpAKqA.png

Downslope from the west during the buildup and heart of the storm then sheltered from the east by the Berks as the storm winds up and pulls out. Yup you're hosed buddy :) I'm gonna get blasted from both sides, it's gonna snow till Wednesday here. Bring beer ;) 

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

Was that March 7th? Trying to remember how that went down here. I think the one before that was the super wet snow with power outages, right?

Boy that storm was a disaster. Power was out for a week and it was freaking cold :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, North and West said:

We just welcomed home someone new yesterday from Eleventh Hour Rescue straight from Georgia. I assume, from my scientific analysis, that welcoming a new dog means MMU is good for at least 18”?

35ac43f07956b70a9165dc58a32636b1.jpg

Awesome! Congrats!...and what a cute dog!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, snywx said:

18z NAM is even crazier lol.. verbatim it’s snows till late Tuesday night 

A good 1-2 feet for our region.  Closer to 2 feet in high elevations and under best banding, closer to 1 foot far northern areas and downsloping screw zones. It is one hell of a storm when a screw zone still gets a foot. 

@hudsonvalley21 and anyone else interested, I’m working remote this week so I’ll be home for the storm. I have my two snow boards near each other. I’m going to measure and clear one every 6 hours or so, ain’t getting up in the middle of the night for this shit, and I’ll measure and clear once every 24 hours until it’s over on the other board. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Spent the afternoon replacing a burst pipe in the well house, fun stuff. That system always picks the best times to crap out on me. 

4 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Spent the afternoon replacing a burst pipe in the well house, fun stuff. That system always picks the best times to crap out on me. 

Hopefully you got it back up and running 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

@hudsonvalley21 and anyone else interested, I’m working remote this week so I’ll be home for the storm. I have my two snow boards near each other. I’m going to measure and clear one every 6 hours or so, ain’t getting up in the middle of the night for this shit, and I’ll measure and clear once every 24 hours until it’s over in the other board. 

I’m thinking about clearing about 12 every hours. I will also try to measure some wind sheltered areas after the event ends too see the difference. If we end up with around 20” or so it will be interesting too see the compaction.