Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2021

Eskimo Joe

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Frustrating the Caps lost in OT tonight....we should have won tonight (and probably yesterday too).

Felt like you guys were in control for longer than the pens were for sure. Luckily we managed to capitalize on special teams. Caps still got a point in every game to open the year, can't be too mad about that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deer Whisperer said:

Felt like you guys were in control for longer than the pens were for sure. Luckily we managed to capitalize on special teams. Caps still got a point in every game to open the year, can't be too mad about that

Yeah, can’t complain getting points in every game to start the season on the road (even though home/road really don’t mean much this season).  I’m just happy hockey is back!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Today is the day

I'm hopeful yet cautious...and to be clear I'm already wrong because my statement was at 12z today the models would start showing storms on the horizon...clearly the euro and cmc started earlier than that. Just need the good for spooking model to join the party. 

45 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm hopeful yet cautious...and to be clear I'm already wrong because my statement was at 12z today the models would start showing storms on the horizon...clearly the euro and cmc started earlier than that. Just need the good for spooking model to join the party. 

the threats though actually need to produce. yall been chasing digital snow for weeks with nothing to show for it. 

• Like 1

My hope is that some don't try too hard to talk themselves and others out of thinking something is possible next week...we all know the perils and it's still a long way off. Most on here wanted to see blue show up on the models now we are getting that...hopefully something sticks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

My hope is that some don't try too hard to talk themselves and others out of thinking something is possible next week...we all know the perils and it's still a long way off. Most on here wanted to see blue show up on the models now we are getting that...hopefully something sticks

:snorkle:

Pretty clear there won't be any joy until it actually snows. If any blip or shift or bad runs happen between now and if it snows it will be detailed and analyzed to death and to me although I don't need anything sugar coated I certainly don't prefer the beating the dead horse method at all. I think all in all my wild ass guess of waiting until today at 12z to start seeing potential snow show up on the models worked out well, sadly now that it has we must spend our time saying why it won't work out. The more you know the less you enjoy....I guess. Good luck...I remain hopeful

Just now, leesburg 04 said:

Pretty clear there won't be any joy until it actually snows. If any blip or shift or bad runs happen between now and if it snows it will be detailed and analyzed to death and to me although I don't need anything sugar coated I certainly don't prefer the beating the dead horse method at all. I think all in all my wild ass guess of waiting until today at 12z to start seeing potential snow show up on the models worked out well, sadly now that it has we must spend our time saying why it won't work out. The more you know the less you enjoy....I guess. Good luck...I remain hopeful

im telling you, not paying attention to what models show more than 5 days out is a life saver mentally for snow lovers. if you dont know there were threats there that never happened, you can't be depressed about it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

im telling you, not paying attention to what models show more than 5 days out is a life saver mentally for snow lovers. if you dont know there were threats there that never happened, you can't be depressed about it. 

Other than scanning each day to see if models show and keep a storm, this winter it’s been just so easy not to care much. All these “great pattern coming!” and still always 7+ days away help show it’s better to wait until it’s about to snow and then be all in. 

Better things to do than get bent over what models show and fail to deliver on

• Like 1

Just now, H2O said:

Other than scanning each day to see if models show and keep a storm, this winter it’s been just so easy not to care much. All these “great pattern coming!” and still always 7+ days away help show it’s better to wait until it’s about to snow and then be all in. 

Better things to do than get bent over what models show and fail to deliver on

You're only saying that because no matter what you get rain.:devilsmiley: and oh can you guys just tell PSU to come right out and say he blames it on global warming....he's trying too hard to not do that. 

3 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

You're only saying that because no matter what you get rain.:devilsmiley: and oh can you guys just tell PSU to come right out and say he blames it on global warming....he's trying too hard to not do that. 

lol thats a burn im going to save to use later

• Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic