• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major LES event-December 24-27

2 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

BW.  What you thinking for this band now tonight?  I really don’t see any reason it would move at all for hours.  That northern edge Lackawanna, West Seneca, OP going to get crushed tonight! 

6FE19778-9BDE-4E72-8D67-548A3BE6FD1A.gif

KBUF thinks its going to go north and then back south. I don't see it going north until the morning. I think you guys are right and KBUF has fallen off quite abit. I think if anything it drifts a little bit south.

image.png.747f88db0c9e80fb1abae51470f7ee61.png

• Like 1

If you check this radar it shows a more westerly direction coming in from the NW, but the winds in WNY will remain WSW. The convergence is going to be anywhere from south buffalo to Eden overnight. I do think the band will slowly intensify overnight as more moisture is added in and shear eases.

https://weather.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html?id=WKR

36 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Woah woah woah 

I am NOT a jinx, as evidenced by the mega band not dropping south when I went north! If it were Matt I think we know what would have happened. :lol: 

I will be coming back from Tennessee tomorrow. Just let me know which part of Buffalo you guys need me to go through...

• Haha 2

Man awesome chase. 2-3” an hour rates. Stayed at the South Gate Plaza in West Seneca for almost an hour. Snowing the hardest right as I left but needed to head home because of the kids so didn’t get the extreme 3”+ on video. Thank god I got my snow fix in haha. West Seneca is gonna get absolutely destroyed tonight. That band shows no signs of letting up or moving from there. Got some great video, sent it to Rich he’s gonna upload later and share. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

If this locks in all night, we will have a few feet by tomorrow morning.

I don’t want to say it... cuz it ain’t no where near the same thing... But don’t that look like how the November storm did when it locked in?  That sharp curved northern gradient that didn’t move and inch and was like the train tracks for the heaviest snows and then the fanned out plumes to the south.  

• Like 1

Just now, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

I don’t want to say it... cuz it ain’t no where near the same thing... But don’t that look like how the November storm did when it locked in?  That sharp curved northern gradient that didn’t move and inch and was like the train tracks for the heaviest snows and then the fanned out plumes to the south.  

It does look very similar, but way weaker. The band isn't close to that strength.

2 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

...A BAND OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL AFFECT NORTHWESTERN WYOMING...
CENTRAL ERIE...NORTHEASTERN CHAUTAUQUA AND WESTERN GENESEE
COUNTIES...

At 1034 PM EST, A band of lake effect snow producing snow fall rates
of one to two inches per hour is located from near Silver Creek to
Elma Center to Batavia on the southern edge, and from near
Lackawanna to Lancaster to Pembroke on the northern edge. This band
of snow will remain nearly stationary late this evening.

A rumble of thunder is also possible within the most intense portion
of the band of snow.

Nice disco from BUF...

Off Lake Erie... Band of moderate to heavy snow with snowfall rates of 2+" per hour along with some thunder continues to lift northward, focusing along the Lake Erie shoreline of Chautauqua county to just south of the Buffalo Airport to near Batavia. Approach of low level trough backing winds enough to lift the band northward a bit more than mesoscale models suggested, but with the passage of the trough the band should refocus south of the Buffalo metro area for a time overnight. However, this should be brief as nearly all mesoscale guidance drifts the band northward toward morning, reaching its northern-most point late in the morning to early afternoon Saturday into the city of Buffalo and even the nearby northern suburbs before starting to drift back south across the southtowns late in the afternoon. Lowering inversion heights, decreasing moisture, and increasing shear will allow the band to weaken Saturday afternoon. Total accumulations of 15-20 inches are still likely where the band persists the longest from western Chautauqua County, the northwest corner of Cattaraugus County, into southern and central Erie County including South Buffalo and the densely populated nearby southtowns. 6-12 inches are possible from downtown to the airport and the nearby northtowns if the band makes it that far north Saturday, with a very sharp drop off in accumulations heading northward through the northtowns.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Band is weakening on radar as that shortwave moves through. I expect it to strengthen overnight and slowly move north. Going to measure at 12pm and wipe board.

It’s putting up a good fight holding still.  I just hit mine and had 4.2”surprisingly since 9pm.  Interested to see what that bullseye area in WS OP got so far.

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

I will be coming back from Tennessee tomorrow. Just let me know which part of Buffalo you guys need me to go through...

Where in TN were you? My mother lives in Nashville (where I’m originally from). That bomb there today has messed up air traffic control and mobile service. As disruptive as it has been, I’m relieved that more people weren’t seriously hurt (or worse).

Lot going on out there... That band is trying to hold on for dear life.  Looks like flow turned more west behind that wave, strong cells but are we going to see one new main band take over?  Lot of activity still flaring up north side of lake from long point to Buffalo.  Maybe a dual band trying to set up?  

Edit... Stupid upload size... better on the high def radar but you get the idea...

28D5FFEF-4D69-419F-BA5D-E5D2CA758FE2.gif

2AA0B8E9-D122-4230-B7FF-44FEC9E36DD2.gif