• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major LES event-December 24-27

5 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Updated map with just Lake Effect now... Looks like it’s going to be a real close call for the metro and north now with this band...Very right northern snow gradient...

2E0AC6D9-A99F-4CF1-A2C7-7BD8D0FA3B58.png

41012B93-0B41-4D2D-AA47-B1B19380ACF3.jpeg

Yeah same kind of situation here.. Within 10 miles it goes from 4"-6" to 12"-18" and I'm right in the middle of the cutoff zone lol

3 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Gonna be a razor sharp northern cutoff on nearly every model now. TS were either just gonna get in or were just gonna miss.hopefully that 5 mile northward bump happens cause then we should be good otherwise we may be watching painfully as a few miles to our south gets another 1 foot + . 

Yeah...reminds me of ‘14 when we still lived in Cheektowaga and we’re about 2 miles north of the band both times...we lived off pine ridge at the time and if I went south 2 miles to William st it was another world. I’m hoping history doesn’t repeat itself 

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I added backyard nest cam to my signature so you can just click it easier. I think RGEM does best with LES and see the band making it up to metro, northern suburbs will be close call but I still think they get in on it.

image.thumb.png.ae459a9efb0124caf81cbb565b86c442.png

That would put us in the game D for a few hours at least which is why the 6-12 line is right there...3 to 4 hours of 2/hour rates makes that plausible 

Just now, wolfie09 said:

I think the NAM products are the worst but that's just my opinion lol Either way it will be a nowcast situation, GL to you guys. 

The NAM is definitely bad. The 18Z runs yesterday featured no snow for WNY. Everyone got 4-8". Literally as the event was happening that model was way off....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I honestly didn't follow it much for obvious reasons lol But I thought the GFS and european did pretty good.. Originally both models had several inches in CNY that never materialized but after that they did pretty good..

I also thought majority of the hi rez models did good with the cutoff.. Canadian and NAM products probably did the worst..

• Like 1