Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major LES event-December 24-27

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

GFS gets the band into northtowns with very heavy rates

image.thumb.png.363ae87c0c094776da14aa93bdd51083.png

We’re living dangerous using the GFS for lake effect but damn it sure looks good. That’s just like your call from a couple days ago. 1’+ for all of Erie County with a bullseye of 2’ + right over your head. I’d take that scenario in heartbeat. 

• Like 1

Just now, lakeeffectkid383 said:

We’re living dangerous using the GFS for lake effect but damn it sure looks good. That’s just like your call from a couple days ago. 1’+ for all of Erie County with a bullseye of 2’ + right over your head. I’d take that scenario in heartbeat. 

I still think it goes further north then expected. Lake temps are very warm, near record highs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

Todd wasn’t working today I don’t think. He was calling for 8-14” County wide yesterday. Bagilini is working tonight and he definitley did call for 4-8” in the southtowns and 2-4” in the Northtowns as TS said. Really nitpicking at this point though. Still time for them to up it as the forecast evolves if necessary. 

My bad bro i watched it thru their website and thought that was today's forecast lol.

17 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

My bad bro i watched it thru their website and thought that was today's forecast lol.

No worries lol I was just saying cause I watched it live and it definitely wasn’t Todd. I think channel 7 has the best mets now. Andy Parker is decent, Aaron Mentkowski is fantastic, Autumn Lynandowski is also decent and I’m not sure if Mike Randall is there anymore but he was/is really good too. Minus the new girl who just graduated and posted the 18z RPM model has channel 7s official forecast tonight haha. 

Todd and Mike Cejka are good Mets for channel 4 and Baglini is tolerable.

Channel 2 has Maria Genero, lmfao what a joke. 

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Enjoy guys! BUF gets slapped proper! You guys are due. The smucks in the rest of the state are expecting pics. Merry Christmas!!!

Thanks Dave. You’ll get yours too in time. After the inevitable January thaw that comes and wipes all of our pack out bad then we get some nice NW flow and you to SYR get a foot or more of arctic fluff while we dodge flurries in between the rays of sunshine! Haha. 

Really bummed this has to be a feast or famine event for Upstate and all of us can’t cash in. 

I’ll happy take pictures from my place in Amherst but I’m expecting the bulk to be to my south. I’ll be happy if we can pull off 8” here between synoptic and lake effect. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Nest cam going to get some real action this weekend.

You should do hourly updates on the hour so those who aren’t so lucky can log on and watch you report your current snowfall depth ect... lol JK. 

Seriously though if any area deserves to be jackpotted it’s WS and SB. I’ve never been so frustrated in my life when I lived in WS having the bands swing through so rapidly you could barely have enough time to go outside and get a video in it. The most maddening was the storm in January 19 when there was a SW flow with strong winds that split the band in two with one band Hammering OP/Hamburg just to the south and Amherst/Cheektowaga just to our north while we legit had sunshine peeking through the clouds. Like Steve said though on the rare occasion they do cash in they CASH IN! I think that area is where the convergence zone likes to set up with the WNW winds over the Niagara Peninsula and the shape of the Lake Erie shoreline. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

You should do hourly updates on the hour so those who aren’t so lucky can log on and watch you report your current snowfall depth ect... lol JK. 

Seriously though if any area deserves to be jackpotted it’s WS and SB. I’ve never been so frustrated in my life when I lived in WS having the bands swing through so rapidly you could barely have enough time to go outside and get a video in it. The most maddening was the storm in January 19 when there was a SW flow with strong winds that split the band in two with one band Hammering OP/Hamburg just to the south and Amherst/Cheektowaga just to our north while we legit had sunshine peeking through the clouds. Like Steve said though on the rare occasion they do cash in they CASH IN! I think that area is where the convergence zone likes to set up with the WNW winds over the Niagara Peninsula and the shape of the Lake Erie shoreline. 

I'll be off all weekend so my setup will be identical to Deltas. I have the snowboard and yard stick and 2 separate depth sticks one on my deck away from everything and one in my yard. And we're starting with no depth so it should be easy. Have you tried the timelapse tool with nest cam? Is that feature only available with the $12 per month package, if so I'm about to upgrade.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

I remember that event, it was brutal to watch but didn't you catch up during the 2nd half with a 2" per band parked over your house overnight?