• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Here's how I see this weekend playing out. It's based on the two tracks we have seen so far this season. Wave 1 comes far enough north that the snow is mostly found on the national border, while we rain and thaw. Wave 2 starts with the same track, but a transfer of energy sends most of the moisture to our east and we get mostly missed, again. Snow to our north, south, and east...and yes, possibly to Syracuse's west...yawn).

We have been in the screw zone consistently.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Here's how I see this weekend playing out. It's based on the two tracks we have seen so far this season. Wave 1 comes far enough north that the snow is mostly found on the national border, while we rain and thaw. Wave 2 starts with the same track, but a transfer of energy sends most of the moisture to our east and we get mostly missed, again. Snow to our north, south, and east...and yes, possibly to Syracuse's west...yawn).

We have been in the screw zone consistently.

Your optimism always makes me feel good.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Your optimism always makes me feel good.

Haha!

Hey, now. I was optimistic (with no sarcasm) when you got your awesome snowfall the other day.  The ability for snow bands to be personified and avoid me at any cost is uncanny. Best snow event(s) in S. Redfield were when I went home during Thanksgiving and Christmas break. Came back to Redfield on Christmas just in time for it all to melt in a rain storm. Last year, the only decent WNW snow event to hit this area was...when I went to Florida for a week. The curse is real. :P :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

lol...I hear sleet hitting the windows. Should we hope that Sunday's system comes more N and W on the coast so we get more snow? Or will that make us too warm then? The science doesn't work anymore! haha

We're in a murder hole of a winter here.  I don't think it'll matter. ;)

• Like 2

Some snowflakes trying to mix in now. It's like that large sleet/icy snow stuff.

Perhaps as we wetbulb and some cold air works down, we could get some snow here for a couple hours. My guess what is going on outside now will continue for several hours and then we transition to liquid as the lower levels warm up.

Starting to get an icy layer of mixed precip.

12 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

That Fulton to Central Square line has been quite the border this season. Still trying to snow here with the sleet.

Same here.  We must have wet bulbed down a bit as it's mostly IP here also, maybe some flakes mixed in.

• Like 1