• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

Winter 2020-2021 Banter

On 2/21/2021 at 1:02 PM, bkviking said:

saw this on Twitter. You get the old Weatherchannel forecast scroll and graphics. 
Love it / just need the music ! 
https://battaglia.ddns.net/twc/

This is awesome.  Although I have to admit I am now so conditioned to the current TWC format that I keep waiting to hear Jim Cantore's voice.

If only there was the earlier version of this with the all purple background and simple white all caps font.  Remembering when we'd have a Winter Storm Warning and the background would be red and the warning would scroll, sometimes playing right over the voices of the mets who were back on air.  This is bringing me back!

• Like 3

Looks awfully early spring-like in the near term.

Snow cover took a decent hit today, but it’s the ugly ice mountains that’ll persist well into March. I want it all gone.

1 hour ago, Cfa said:

Looks awfully early spring-like in the near term.

Snow cover took a decent hit today, but it’s the ugly ice mountains that’ll persist well into March. I want it all gone.

springlike with lots of sunshine and low humidity would be awesome, not with yucky rain and clouds.

18 minutes ago, EpicHECS said:

Then move to a place that actually gets it. Year in and year out, you complain about your lack of snow and then go NUTS every time there's a 12" event, as if it's a big deal. It's not. You just live on the extreme shorelines and don't get much, period. We understand that every little flake excites you, and that you're from the Middle East, but you're another one who is totally out of touch. You've never been through a blizzard once in your life. 

ca22ee79315ba50866e0e927957b9061.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

26 minutes ago, EpicHECS said:

Then move to a place that actually gets it. Year in and year out, you complain about your lack of snow and then go NUTS every time there's a 12" event, as if it's a big deal. It's not. You just live on the extreme shorelines and don't get much, period. We understand that every little flake excites you, and that you're from the Middle East, but you're another one who is totally out of touch. You've never been through a blizzard once in your life. 

For a brand new poster you sure seem to know a lot about people on here. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

For a poster now banned you mean.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Rjay said:

28 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

For a poster now banned you mean.

27 minutes ago, Rjay said:

For a 2nd time 

27 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Probably many more times than that actually.  

he died doing what he loved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, forkyfork said:

is it too much to ask for a strong cutter with 60 degree dewpoints 

Will you come help pump my basement out as it floods when that happens? Yeah, I didn't think so. We need a slow melt...

• Like 2

i ate half a jar of Costco organic sauerkraut for dinner and two hours later i was farting so aggressively that my cat started hissing and clawing at me

this post is half cry for help, half endorsement of sauerkraut.  absolutely delicious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

i ate half a jar of Costco organic sauerkraut for dinner and two hours later i was farting so aggressively that my cat started hissing and clawing at me

this post is half cry for help, half endorsement of sauerkraut.  absolutely delicious.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will - Rutgers said:

great, the cat hates you now.  Didn't someone tell you to go outside for awhile lol?