Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

JoMo

3 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Man it's crazy heavy snow here now.  Looks like between 2-3 in. on the ground. 

Crazy man! really slushy heavy wet snow. Lowell is right where the changeover line is. Ohhhh so close, Im sure this will change over just a bit later is all. I just wanna see a few inches to bust the ole snow drought we have had

Crazy amount differences with this! About 2" here now in fayetteville, still snowing lightly. A really wet heavy slushy snow, right around the freezing mark. After seeing that warning pop this morning and the track of this I was worried because of the temps, regardless still awesome. Hopefully we can get a nice fluffy cold snow once this winter season!! Friend in bentonville said the same as waterboy above, about 7" up there.

Best snow of the day moved in about 4:30, just enough to turn the grass slightly white. Snowed for about 6 hours and picked up a dusting. Not great, but can’t complain too much. At least now I down have to feel bad for you all down in NWA when I’m rooting for a north shift next time. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Waterboy said:

7 inches for me in North Bentonville.  I was definitely in a sweet spot.  Had multiple hours of moderate/heavy snow.  Definitely a great Pre-Christmas gift.  

There was a nice corridor across Rogers and Bentonville.   I was on the edge of that in South Bella Vista.  Looks like 5 5 here.   Beautiful snow for sure. 

1 hour ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Yah finally got a good one here.   Looks like the Fayetteville fizzle hurt your totals again this time. 

Lol I like how you put that! So true too, this place is cursed for snow man!!! Its just weird here, I thought it would get bad up in Missouri but nothing like this place. You wanna talk about close misses all the time, its like we live in a giant bubble surrounding the city haha. Never ceases to amaze me here with 33 and rain all the time either! 

25 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Lol I like how you put that! So true too, this place is cursed for snow man!!! Its just weird here, I thought it would get bad up in Missouri but nothing like this place. You wanna talk about close misses all the time, its like we live in a giant bubble surrounding the city haha. Never ceases to amaze me here with 33 and rain all the time either! 

I hear ya.  This has been an unusual stretch of bad luck.   I've heard Dan Skoff call it the Fayetteville fizzle.

2 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Nice man, for surely cashed in for once huh! Im still curious with Tuesday but the temps look iffy with that also idk.

Tues doesn't look like too much. The system looks moisture starved on all the models so outside of the western half of OK and portions of KS, it doesn't look like more than light snow. 

51 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Tues doesn't look like too much. The system looks moisture starved on all the models so outside of the western half of OK and portions of KS, it doesn't look like more than light snow. 

Not sure if it matters but the 00z NAM look slightly more interesting for Tuesday.  Still nothing too exciting but maybe a trend in the right direction?  

Edit: The 3km NAM still looks like crap.  

3 hours ago, JoMo said:

Thanks JoMo, looks to be fairly balmy christmas week again who knows for sure. Someone was saying earlier upper 50's to low 60's lol

Moving on...

It's like a dream getting to talk about potential snow back to back like this. I could get used to it.

Extended HRRR.

Aside from the NAM3k, NE OK looks to get about 1-2(more as you go west).

More of a central/western OK storm. I'm thinking OKC will get a nice bullseye of around 4 inches based on the other models.

I'll take my 1-2 inches in Tulsa to mask today's melting.

1608109200-NruNYh30amI.png

The Tues system is actually a decent system as it comes out of the Rockies, which provides snow for the western half of OK. The problem is that it's weakening and opening up as energy digs into the backside of it. Same system should give portions of the northeast a nice snowfall.

47 minutes ago, JoMo said:

The Tues system is actually a decent system as it comes out of the Rockies, which provides snow for the western half of OK. The problem is that it's weakening and opening up as energy digs into the backside of it. Same system should give portions of the northeast a nice snowfall.

Looking at the 12z runs the NAM is a bit drier and the GFS/CMC ‘slightly’ better.  That’s probably grasping at straws though.  The changes weren’t substantial regardless.  But still have 12-18 hours to go.  Also sounds like some precip may be virga due to very dry air initially.  

10 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Thanks JoMo, looks to be fairly balmy christmas week again who knows for sure. Someone was saying earlier upper 50's to low 60's lol

It will probably warm up, but Christmas is still a little uncertain. The timing of fronts and systems aren't really staying consistent and the models aren't agreeing at this point.

• Thanks 1