• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

paweather

A bit of a sluggish start to things early this morning but a nice rainfall now ongoing. It's actually been quite heavy at times the last hour. Overall, this should hopefully help the worst parts of central PA in terms of the D2 drought bullseye that has popped up in the last couple weeks.

416497294_ScreenShot2020-09-29at11_26_54AM.thumb.png.a73d6bc769cafb18a5dbe6e6f09006ab.png

13 hours ago, canderson said:

Our beloved radar is back online.  

Finally, Historic CCX has returned just in time for this rain today. Same can't be said for LWX radar which could be out through October 16th now. Good thing such an extended outage didn't happen in the dead of winter for the Mid-Atlantic gang with a big snow event coming in or during a more active time of the year for severe weather.

KLWX WSR-88D radar is out of service until on or about October 16.
UPDATE 3
Sept 29th 2:50 P.M

The KLWX (Sterling, VA) WSR-88D outage, which began on September
20, 2020, will continue and remain out of service until on or
about October 16, 2020.

On Saturday, technicians from the NWS Radar Operations Center
(ROC), based in Norman, Oklahoma, determined that a primary
component for turning the radar antenna, the bull-gear, needs
replacement. This repair will require 12,000 to 15,000 pounds of
equipment and a six-person team from the ROC to restore the radar.
At this time, the team anticipates repairs being completed on or
about October 16, 2020.

During the downtime, adjacent supporting NWS radars include:
Dover DE (KDOX), Mt. Holly NJ (KDIX), Pittsburgh PA (KPBZ),
State College PA (KCTP), Charleston WV (KRLX), Blacksburg VA (KFCX), 
and Wakefield VA (KAKQ).

For a radar mosaic loop for the region:

https://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/northeast.php

Further updates about the situation will be issued as information
becomes available. Thank you for your understanding during this
extended outage.

Point of Contact:

Christopher Strong
email: [email protected]
office: 703-996-2223

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think the line of showers has advanced about 10 miles to the east over the past 5 hours. At this rate, it will reach the river Thursday. 

It should advance into the Sus Valley later on this evening and into the overnight hours, and it does appear there's also some stuff developing from the south starting to come up into York/Lancaster counties on TBWI radar. 

34 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

It should advance into the Sus Valley later on this evening and into the overnight hours, and it does appear there's also some stuff developing from the south starting to come up into York/Lancaster counties on TBWI radar. 

Radar also looks much more impressive back in true central PA compared to earlier this afternoon. Looks like a good sleeping night ahead with the rain falling.

6 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I just spent 90 minutes of my life that I will never get back watching a clown show. All I have to show for it is a massive headache.

Folk lore has it that red squirrels try to bite the nuts off gray squirrels. Somehow just couldn't stop thinking about that during the debacle billed as a debate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I just spent 90 minutes of my life that I will never get back watching a clown show. All I have to show for it is a massive headache.

7 hours ago, canderson said:

Can’t have a proper debate with a bull. They must cut off mics, otherwise it’s just a lunatic yelling over everyone. 

I don't like either one of them. We are the greatest nation and these 2 guys are the best we can come up with? Show me a candidate who will solve the health care issue in the USA and thats who gets the nod from me.

Back to weather- Disappointed in the lack of rain we got yesterday.  

• Like 1

I got 1.11" out of the event. Now it's chilly and windy.

As for the Jerry Springer Show....oops...I mean debate, I agree with shutting the mics off. They agreed to 2 minutes of uninterrupted time to answer questions and another 2 minutes for rebuttal. When one was speaking, the other mic should have been muted.

3 hours ago, Voyager said:

I got 1.11" out of the event. Now it's chilly and windy.

As for the Jerry Springer Show....oops...I mean debate, I agree with shutting the mics off. They agreed to 2 minutes of uninterrupted time to answer questions and another 2 minutes for rebuttal. When one was speaking, the other mic should have been muted.

I agree to a certain point, but debates are debates.....It isn't a standard conversation and even in standard conversations people interrupt each other. Chris Wallace was terrible and should not have even been a moderator this year, time for him to retire. But anyways, back to the weather Fall like again for the next several days! October tomorrow, my birthday UGH. I'll be 25 or 52 not sure what yet. :-) Voyager I hope you are feeling better!