• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    donyewest
    Newest Member
    donyewest

Fall Banter and General Discussion

34 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I'm on day 10 of quarantine, My oldest son and wife both tested positive for covid-19 and have now been cleared.

Good to hear man.  Mild cases?

My sister and her family have been cleared.  Bad headaches and head colds were their main symptoms but have passed now.

11 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I wish my wife wasn't flying right now. She's heading back to logan tomorrow for her next 2 day trip. Sometimes she's only home a few days before she has to leave again. I feel like it's inevitable she's going to get it.

It's stressful and unnerving for sure.

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Good to hear man.  Mild cases?

My sister and her family have been cleared.  Bad headaches and head colds were their main symptoms but have passed now.

Yes, He started having flu like symptoms on the 16th to the 19th, He was here at work as well,  He had lost his taste and smell on the 19th, His wife was two days behind him, I was in a vehicle with him on the 20th in the morning when both tested positive that afternoon, They went for another test on the 22nd to confirm and was positive again, The symptoms had lesson by the 21st for both and it was just getting there taste and smell back which was on Thanksgiving, He went for another test on the 27th and was negative, My daughter inlaw went yesterday and she was negative as well, So i'm just following the timeline for when i was exposed.

• Like 1

All 4 of our tests came back negative. We flew on Friday after the test, wore masks like we were supposed to, used a boat load of hand sanitizer and wiped everything down with Clorox wipes.  It's been 3 days and we all feel fine. 

We were all over Disney for 10 days, ate out in restaurants 3 meals a day, and were around a ton of people. We wore masks everywhere except to sit down and eat, and used gallons of hand sanitizer.

Flying was fine. 175 seat plane only had 50 people.

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

exactly. It dis-incentivizes people to want to get tested. They'll just say f-it.

Most testing sites cost a lot too. Our tests were $130 a piece. So we spent $520 bucks to get us back to work and back to school.

I had 2 employees travel over T-day and they both got a test to get back to work and they paid $130 and $150. I'm not sure where all this free testing is

18 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Most testing sites cost a lot too. Our tests were $130 a piece. So we spent $520 bucks to get us back to work and back to school.

I had 2 employees travel over T-day and they both got a test to get back to work and they paid $130 and $150. I'm not sure where all this free testing is

There was an interesting article in yesterday's Boston Glob about how colleges and universities in the Boston area had really done a good job relating to Covid spread.  A number of them contracted with the Broad Institute (my son's university in RI did this) and was able to test students for under $25 per test.  Most schools were testing students and staff twice per week.  This really squashed the cases.      Some schools added a "covid fee", some used CARES act $ to pay for it, some used endowment $.

Public K-12 schools have zero $ to do this though...

28 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I thought tests were free?  My wife and I didn’t pay a dime and the local hospital said it was “written off” as their words.  Or are you talking like private testing locations?

The admin’s words were “how can we expect to stop the spread of people have to pay for them?”  I was like ok sounds great I’ll be back lol.

Debasio is reopening k-3 Schools in NYC in a reversal . Said he heard parents “loud and clear” 

The school rate of positive test cases was I believe 1/4 of 1% or .028 Thou experts said there maybe limitations in that data (like all Covid data)

16 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Cam is so inaccurate. Plus, their receiving core is atrocious, no TE.   Poor play calling by Josh.   Surprised they have won 5       

Receivers don't drop too many (other than Edelman) but don't get much separation and Cam's accuracy isn't consistent enough to hit small windows.  Jacobi has stepped up but he's a cromulent WR, not an all-pro.
Pats are frustratingly inconsistent - last 3 weeks they beat 2 good teams and lose to a bad one.  :(   
ESPN noted that yesterday's 179 yards total offense was 3rd lowest by the BB Pats.  (In 331 games, if I've done the arithmetic right.  And that doesn't include the PS.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Lots of free testing here in Massachusetts.  My wife volunteers two days a week at the town testing site in Randolph.  The town has just expanded from twice a week to 6 days a week; 4 hours each day.  Today is one of her days, so she has the rain gear ready.

8 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Lots of free testing here in Massachusetts.  My wife volunteers two days a week at the town testing site in Randolph.  The town has just expanded from twice a week to 6 days a week; 4 hours each day.  Today is one of her days, so she has the rain gear ready.

I dunno. Seems like they are few and far between. And mostly in eastern mass. I live in central mass and there's not any around me that I know of. And 4 hours each day? That doesn't work for a lot of people. We got ours at a CVS minute clinic, and I took my daughter to get a rapid test back in October at Carewell in Auburn. It was $160.

12 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I dunno. Seems like they are few and far between. And mostly in eastern mass. I live in central mass and there's not any around me that I know of. And 4 hours each day? That doesn't work for a lot of people. We got ours at a CVS minute clinic, and I took my daughter to get a rapid test back in October at Carewell in Auburn. It was $160.

There is a lot around here, but not sure about other areas of the state.  2:00 to 6:00 Monday thru Friday and 9:00 to 1:00 on Saturday.  Mostly staffed by volunteers who work with a medical firm that does the actual testing.  I believe registration is required, but if possible they do take unregistered drive-ins.

51 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

but wasn't it supposed to be free everywhere?

7 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

but wasn't it supposed to be free everywhere?

No. Where did you get that impression?

Most places aren't

And insurance won't cover an asymptomatic test. If you have symptoms, you can get an MD to sign off on one. Then insurance covers the doctors visit and the test. 

I have a high deducible plan. I don't get any coverage until I hit $3500. So in January, even if I have symptoms, it will be cheaper to just get the test rather than get the doctors visit cost to go with it. I can submit it to count towards my deductible, though.

My son had to get tested, only way he got it free (rapid test), was he had symptoms associated with covid.  High fever, chills, aches.  The symptoms was the reason he got the free test.  Results back in 45 minutes.  Negative, btw.  Had went to the Core Pediatrics building next to Exeter Hospital in NH.  

27 minutes ago, Dan said:

My son had to get tested, only way he got it free (rapid test), was he had symptoms associated with covid.  High fever, chills, aches.  The symptoms was the reason he got the free test.  Results back in 45 minutes.  Negative, btw.  Had went to the Core Pediatrics building next to Exeter Hospital in NH.  

Hope he is ok

2 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

There will be free COVID testing here in the city I work in Dec 2 and 3.  Not sure how/why those dates were chosen, or who ordered it/is paying for it.  

14 day average positive rate here is around 8% which is pretty bad

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Hope he is ok

It was my younger son that had to get checked.  It just was a 3 day virus and got over it pretty quick.  Tyler got hit too, about a month ago, someone he worked with caught it and he was eating lunch in the car with him (:gun_bandana:), but luckily did not catch it.  He was out of work for a week to be sure and had to get 2 tests, before returning, don't know if it cost him anything or not.

• Like 1