• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheNiño
    Newest Member
    TheNiño

Fall Banter and General Discussion

Just now, PhineasC said:

Mixed with the mashed potatoes and stuffing. It’s amazing. I am a food mixer on the plate which I have heard triggers some people badly. LOL

That sounds epic dude. Never would have thought that one with turkey. Haha.

12 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I am new here too and it is not always easy to pick up on the lingo and inside jokes. My advice? Reach out to @Damage In Tolland for guidance and advice. The guy is a natural-born teacher who lives to patiently help the newbies understand the climo in New England especially the kind of idyllic, calm, sunny, low-damage weather you guys enjoy in CT. I’m told he lives on a mountain so that means he’s gotta be pretty wise. 

He’ll teach you how to install 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Permanent upper air low centered over Alaska forces downstream ridge here and keeps cold bottled in Canada 

Yep originally nicknamed the “one eyed pig” and then it just got shortened to “pig”. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It’s a Baltimore thing. It’s pretty unique I have noticed. 

Is that the real deal fermented kind or the vinegar laden kraut in a bag? I like kraut, but I'm more of a kimchi fan.

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Mixed with the mashed potatoes and stuffing. It’s amazing. I am a food mixer on the plate which I have heard triggers some people badly. LOL

I know people who can’t stand when foods touch, never mind mixing.   Lol.  

I did miss my brother in laws cranberry sauce today. Homemade with whiskey 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Is that the real deal fermented kind or the vinegar laden kraut in a bag? I like kraut, but I'm more of a kimchi fan.

I make all my own krauts and kimchi now.  
Quart jars with air lock tops and stainless springs instead of weights.  

9B715CBD-7077-49DC-9566-D21626ACAFDA.thumb.jpeg.52e2d5a183c5e30a7449c6002354ad1d.jpeg

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

LOL yeah. 

Had a place on the Eastern Shore when I was a kid. Old Bay is indispensible. Beyond crabs/seafood, I sprinkle it on my bloody marys and fried eggs, use it as a rub on ribs and chicken. So damn good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I know people who can’t stand when foods touch, never mind mixing.   Lol.  

I did miss my brother in laws cranberry sauce today. Homemade with whiskey 

My BIL made his today with whiskey, was very good. First time I've had it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

The Old Bay hot sauce is great on pizza. It is legit. 

Do you make that or can you buy it? 

I mean the pilgrims weren't German so I don't think they had kraut with the wompanoags, but I'd try it! 

13 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Nice, mine  is from Arkansas. Lit of southern dogs find good homes up north thanks to the work of a few good people. My brother just got one from Tennessee.

Yeah. We got him from a foster home in CT. This nice woman had 3 different foster puppies she was training for adoption. My wife went and met the puppy a few times before we got him. She was blown away on how much time this woman was sacrificing to get these dogs ready for good homes. Our new pup has been great and came already pretty much fully trained. 

• Like 1

Astrazeneca F'd up With their trial and dosing. Gotta run another trial.  Moderna vaccine and Novovax are up 15-25% today on that news. 
They're getting punished for someone screwing up the full dose half dose regimen?

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:
2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:
Astrazeneca F'd up With their trial and dosing. Gotta run another trial.  Moderna vaccine and Novovax are up 15-25% today on that news. 

They're getting punished for someone screwing up the full dose half dose regimen?

Pretty much.   Still might get approval across the pond but FDA maybe not

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 12:24 PM, WhitinsvilleWX said:

The newer Abbott one is pretty good. In my opinion, if you’re negative by that one, you’re either truly negative or haven’t got enough virus to be sick or contagious. 
The PCR test was the first one out and powers that be are stuck to it. Again in my opinion, the PCR test as interpreted now is junk. 
If we dont go to widespread rapid antigen testing on a weekly basis,  testing asymptomatic people by a PCR test that takes 1-4 days to get the results back is useless.

Companies require it since the state of Massachusetts mandates the PCR test. Otherwise, I don’t think Corporation X would care much which test you take.

We tested 16 of us Thanksgiving morning at an MD family friend’s office.  All negative.  Biggest gathering since a year ago.  Hopefully accurate amd no one gets sick...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BrianW said:

Yeah. We got him from a foster home in CT. This nice woman had 3 different foster puppies she was training for adoption. My wife went and met the puppy a few times before we got him. She was blown away on how much time this woman was sacrificing to get these dogs ready for good homes. Our new pup has been great and came already pretty much fully trained. 

Its what we do. Glad you found a great foster.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

We tested 16 of us Thanksgiving morning at an MD family friend’s office.  All negative.  Biggest gathering since a year ago.  Hopefully accurate amd no one gets sick...

We did our CVS drive thru test on Wednesday morning. Even though I think it’s garbage, we did the PCR test since the kids school and my work follows state guidelines. 
Interesting test. We sat in a taxi van and we relayed the confirmation numbers to the nurse at the window through the driver who’s first language was Hindi.

The test was a self administered nose swab. She handed the kits in bags to us through the window and watched us do the swab and put the swab into the little vial. We then handed the zip lock bags back to the driver who passed them thru the window. The driver said he’s taken a quite a few Disney guests to that location. 
CVS said 3-5 days. Today us just day 2. 
I have an app on my phone we can check to get the results.