• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheNiño
    Newest Member
    TheNiño

Fall Banter and General Discussion

7 minutes ago, BrianW said:

63 and 1.2 of rain this morning here in Branford on the shoreline. Dandelions are popping up all over my lawn and stuff is coming back up in my flower beds. 

@Ginx snewx The wife and I just adopted this 6 month old guy and got him last night. He was loving the weather today. He was a rescue from Georgia.

Screenshot-20201126-172342-Gallery.jpg

Omg so awesome.  Thank you for rescuing.  Believe it when they say who rescued who 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’ve never felt so bloated and fat in my life

Lol I haven't eaten yet.  Had a small piece of pumpkin pie. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Haven’t eaten yet. Reservations at the Brown Derby at 7:10.

Spent the day at the pool. I think it hit 82 today.

Back to Massachusetts tomorrow. No Covid test results yet, but CVS told us 3-5 days. 

Stormalong?  Hope you had a Sunken Treasure or 3 at Hurricane Hannah’s

10 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Haven’t eaten yet. Reservations at the Brown Derby at 7:10.

Spent the day at the pool. I think it hit 82 today.

Back to Massachusetts tomorrow. No Covid test results yet, but CVS told us 3-5 days. 

The pool! Awesome 

I live in a pretty dense neighborhood and was outside walking my new pup all day. I think most people kept gatherings really small. I didn't see any large house gatherings at all. Most Thanksgivings around here there are cars parked everywhere. 

36 minutes ago, BrianW said:

I live in a pretty dense neighborhood and was outside walking my new pup all day. I think most people kept gatherings really small. I didn't see any large house gatherings at all. Most Thanksgivings around here there are cars parked everywhere. 

Our next door neighbor had a sizable gathering.  No worries.  We walked our dog a bit this evening in a break from the downpours.  Fog city

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

63 and 1.2 of rain this morning here in Branford on the shoreline. Dandelions are popping up all over my lawn and stuff is coming back up in my flower beds. 

@Ginx snewx The wife and I just adopted this 6 month old guy and got him last night. He was loving the weather today. He was a rescue from Georgia.

Screenshot-20201126-172342-Gallery.jpg

Nice, mine  is from Arkansas. Lit of southern dogs find good homes up north thanks to the work of a few good people. My brother just got one from Tennessee.

We home.  Was nice to seen my FIL.  Definitely on the downward trend.  His speech is slurred somewhat.  He did take a nasty digger the other day,  so his face is a bit messed up.  He looked good otherwise and he had a good day.  His next round of chemo starts tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Hey everyone!  I may not always say much, but I am on here quite a bit......just reading through.  Can someone please enlighten me on this.....I've seen "the pig" referenced several times.  I get that if the "the pig returns" it means we aren't getting snow or cold.  But, can someone please tell more specifically what pattern that "the pig" refers to?  I'm just curious.  

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving!

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Had a small gathering with 8 family members... doors and windows wide open. Lasted a few hours. Gone now.... down from 25ish we have normally.

We had 9 people and had to open the windows too, its unseasonably warm and you get a bunch of people together and the house gets warm quick.

4 minutes ago, CTSkywarn said:

Hey everyone!  I may not always say much, but I am on here quite a bit......just reading through.  Can someone please enlighten me on this.....I've seen "the pig" referenced several times.  I get that if the "the pig returns" it means we aren't getting snow or cold.  But, can someone please tell more specifically what pattern that "the pig" refers to?  I'm just curious.  

Permanent upper air low centered over Alaska forces downstream ridge here and keeps cold bottled in Canada 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CTSkywarn said:

I am new here too and it is not always easy to pick up on the lingo and inside jokes. My advice? Reach out to @Damage In Tolland for guidance and advice. The guy is a natural-born teacher who lives to patiently help the newbies understand the climo in New England especially the kind of idyllic, calm, sunny, low-damage weather you guys enjoy in CT. I’m told he lives on a mountain so that means he’s gotta be pretty wise. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5