• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Polka
    Newest Member
    Polka

Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

As of now .89". Not sure if anything else pivots through, though. The haves vs have nots is remarkable. I have 7.19" for the month of July, and I'm guessing from the discussion here that some don't have an inch yet?

We have less than 1/10 of an inch.  The remarkable number is since the start of May we have less than 3".  

Safe to say this is probably making it off the mountain tonight, finally. Or in winter terms, miss the big coastal low and get some weenie ULL snows. 

1106413299_ScreenShot2020-07-10at9_25_36PM.thumb.png.45e8d32933da18cf0f110b7ac4d97a9c.png

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We have less than 1/10 of an inch.  The remarkable number is since the start of May we have less than 3".  

That's jaw dropping. :o

I just looked back at the USGS automated gauge, and we've had about 14.25" since May 1.

• Like 1

Update: I might've spoke too soon. Radar's really breaking up locally with some new stuff that fired east of here and heavier action to the south. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like a nice little slug of moisture

Quick quarter inch.  Comes at a good time (night) to help the grass still left

13 hours ago, canderson said:

Got some light but steady rain here now. 

And it’s also sunny haha. 

Yes, that was interesting here as well yesterday along the river in Marysville. We had some light to moderate showers that did not add up too much. You could see some blue sky to the west while the clouds were rotating.

21 hours ago, paweather said:

Thank goodness this a summertime storm! 

Yes, those of us from around the river on west would have been really frustrated yesterday if this was a Winter coastal storm!

Some of us would have had a car topper while others not too far away would have been buried in heavy snow!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, those of us from around the river on west would have been really frustrated yesterday if this was a Winter coastal storm!

Some of us would have had a car topper while others not too far away would have been buried in heavy snow!

Depending on ratios, I would have had 10-15 inches of the white stuff. We ended up with 1.20" after a late night band pivoted through around 11:00pm.

Looks like the direction of the day for the rain to miss here today is north haha. It did rain a little bit last night, but what was left of what really looked like a promising area of downpours probably put down 0.05-0.1" tops.