• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Polka
    Newest Member
    Polka

June Discobs 2020

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

I’m down for some stupidly hot weather.  This spring/early summer has been surprisingly comfortable. 

This weather has been absolutely boring! 

20 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

I’m down for some stupidly hot weather.  This spring/early summer has been surprisingly comfortable. 

It's been awhile since all 3 terminals have hit 100° three days in a row.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

Ask and ye shall receive?

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Ask and ye shall receive?

yasss bring it. plus side to working from home, the pool is just a quick walk outside

• Like 1

No thanks. I’d prefer not dying having to work in that shit. 

• Like 2

GEFS has 0 to +2C temp anomalies over the next 10 days, and beyond. Basically normal for around here. Looks like plenty of 86-92 type stuff. Also looks generally dry. No surprise there. We always seem to go dry when the sun is strongest. My grass is already burning to hell in places.

• Weenie 1

5 hours ago, jewell2188 said:

This weather has been absolutely boring! 

It has been absolutely beautiful for the start up of Horse Shows. Having to wear a mask at the rings in oppressive heat is something that I am not looking forward to. 

Another day of 7000+ j/kg of CAPE in the great plains right now. To add to that, new cells are rapidly developing right in the bullseye of that CAPE.

2 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Another day of 7000+ j/kg of CAPE in the great plains right now. To add to that, new cells are rapidly developing right in the bullseye of that CAPE.

Meanwhile there is a well defined outflow boundary combining with a bay breeze showing up nicely on local radar moving westward from Delaware, and it cant even pop some drizzle.

36 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Meanwhile there is a well defined outflow boundary combining with a bay breeze showing up nicely on local radar moving westward from Delaware, and it cant even pop some drizzle.

Must be the subsidence on the southwest side of the ULL.

Was on the very edge of that small eastern HoCo/western BaltCo cell around 7-730pm while at my son's baseball practice.  Sun was out the whole time and it rained for 20 minutes with a double rainbow.  Nothing at home.  But now that new cell is heading my way...

13 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Was on the very edge of that small eastern HoCo/western BaltCo cell around 7-730pm while at my son's baseball practice.  Sun was out the whole time and it rained for 20 minutes with a double rainbow.  Nothing at home.  But now that new cell is heading my way...

Yep, nice 2x rainbow from that earlier cell. Potential Columbia incoming from the cell stretching from Gaither to Dayton, heading SE. 

The 6-10 day period looks somewhat wetter than normal in the SE and Mid-Atlantic so maybe increased storm chances along with heat. After that though the 8-14 day looks drier.

Latest 8 to 14 Day Precipitation Outlook

23 minutes ago, MDstorm said:

Torrential downpour came rolling through over the last 20 minutes. 

Somewhat brief but torrential here in southern Howard too.

5 minutes ago, high risk said:

Somewhat brief but torrential here in southern Howard too.

Mostly splitsville for MBY

Numbers for the month of June 2020

Averaged high was 78.7 degrees vs a normal of 81.5 degrees, a -2.8 degrees below normal. Warmest temp was 88.2 degrees on the 4th. Averaged low was 56.6 degrees vs a normal of 57.3 degrees, a -0.7 degrees below normal. Coldest temp was 41.8 degrees on the 1st. Overall averaged temp was 67.7 degrees vs a normal of 69.4 degrees, a -1.7 degrees below normal and the 4th coolest June on record, with only 1992, 2003 and last year (2019) being cooler.  Total rainfall for the month was 8.22 inches vs a normal of 3.64 inches, a + 4.58 above normal. This is the 4th wettest June on record, with 2016's 9.49, 2013's 8.88 and 1995's 8.58 beating it. The wettest day was the 18th, when 2.99 inches fell. There were 15 days with measurable, 2 days with a 'T' and 13 dry days. Highest wind recorded was 26 mph on the 4th. Several records for month, a new 'warm minimum' on the 11th, and new 'cool maxes' on the 15th, 16th, 17th and 18th. Two new daily rainfall records, the 2.99 inches on the 18th and 1.52 inches on the 15th. Another wet and cool month overall. 

• Like 2