Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,179
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    DClerico
    Newest Member
    DClerico
    Joined

April 23rd Severe Event


Bob's Burgers
 Share

Recommended Posts

ULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  
TORNADO WARNING  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL  
1211 PM EDT THU APR 23 2020  
  
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TALLAHASSEE HAS ISSUED A  
  
* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  
  NORTH CENTRAL GRADY COUNTY IN SOUTHWESTERN GEORGIA...  
  SOUTHEASTERN MITCHELL COUNTY IN SOUTHWESTERN GEORGIA...  
  NORTHERN THOMAS COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA...  
  NORTHWESTERN BROOKS COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA...  
  COLQUITT COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA...  
  
* UNTIL 1245 PM EDT.  
  
* AT 1211 PM EDT, A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED OVER PELHAM, MOVING  
  EAST AT 55 MPH.  
  
  HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO AND QUARTER SIZE HAIL.  
  
  SOURCE...LAW ENFORCEMENT CONFIRMED TORNADO.  
  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DAY 1 CONVECTIVE OUTLOOK    
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK  
1058 AM CDT THU APR 23 2020  
  
VALID 231630Z - 241200Z  
  
...THERE IS AN ENHANCED RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON  
OVER PARTS OF SOUTHERN GEORGIA AND NORTH FLORIDA...  
   
..SUMMARY  
  
THE GREATEST POTENTIAL FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS TODAY IS ACROSS  
PARTS OF SOUTHERN GEORGIA, NORTHERN FLORIDA, AND SOUTHERN SOUTH  
CAROLINA.  TORNADOES AND SEVERE WIND WILL BE THE MAIN CONCERNS.  
   
..SOUTHERN GA/NORTH FL  
  
A FAST-MOVING CLUSTER OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS OVER SOUTHWEST GA WILL  
CONTINUE TO TRACK EASTWARD TODAY ACROSS SOUTHERN GA AND FAR NORTH  
FL.  LOW-LEVEL MOISTURE IS RAPIDLY RETURNING NORTHWARD ACROSS THIS  
AREA, ALONG WITH A FEW BREAKS IN CLOUD COVER AIDING DESTABILIZATION.  
 FORECAST SOUNDINGS ACROSS THIS REGION SHOW VERY STRONG LOW-LEVEL  
AND DEEP-LAYER SHEAR FOR CONTINUED RISK OF SUPERCELL STORM  
STRUCTURES.  A FEW TORNADOES (INCLUDING THE RISK OF STRONG  
TORNADOES) WILL PERSIST ACROSS THE ENH RISK AREA TODAY, ALONG WITH  
BOWING STRUCTURES CAPABLE OF DAMAGING WIND GUSTS.  STORMS SHOULD  
MOVE OFFSHORE BY EARLY EVENING, ENDING THE PRIMARY SEVERE RISK.  
   
..LA/MS/AL INTO NORTH GA  
  
CLEARING IS OCCURRING IN THE WAKE OF THE LARGE MCS AFFECTING  
SOUTHERN GA.  THIS WILL ALLOW CONSIDERABLE DAYTIME HEATING AND THE  
RE-DEVELOPMENT OF MULTIPLE LINES/CLUSTERS OF AFTERNOON  
THUNDERSTORMS.  STRONG DEEP-LAYER SHEAR AND STEEP MIDLEVEL LAPSE  
RATES WILL BE PRESENT ACROSS THIS AREA, CONTRIBUTING TO A RISK OF A  
FEW SEVERE STORMS.  CONVECTIVE ORGANIZATION IN THIS AREA IS VERY  
UNCERTAIN IN 12Z GUIDANCE, AS THE EFFECTS OF THE DEPARTING MCS ON  
MOISTURE RETURN AND LOW-LEVEL SHEAR PROFILES ARE HARD TO ANTICIPATE.  
 HOWEVER, IT APPEARS THE AREA MOST LIKELY TO SEE INTENSE STORMS  
CAPABLE OF HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS (AND PERHAPS A TORNADO OR TWO)  
WOULD BE OVER PORTIONS OF SOUTHEAST MS AND THE SOUTHERN HALF OF AL,  
WHERE GREATEST MOISTURE RETURN WILL OCCUR.  WILL ALSO MAINTAIN THE  
SLGT RISK FARTHER NORTH INTO NORTHERN GA AND FAR SOUTHERN TN, BUT  
CONFIDENCE IS LOWER HERE.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

/O.CON.KTAE.TO.W.0025.000000T0000Z-200423T1645Z/  
MITCHELL GA-THOMAS GA-BROOKS GA-COLQUITT GA-  
1227 PM EDT THU APR 23 2020  
  
...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1245 PM EDT FOR  
SOUTHEASTERN MITCHELL...NORTHEASTERN THOMAS...NORTHWESTERN BROOKS AND  
COLQUITT COUNTIES...  
      
AT 1227 PM EDT, A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR RIVERSIDE, OR  
NEAR MOULTRIE, MOVING EAST AT 55 MPH.  
  
HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO AND QUARTER SIZE HAIL.  
  
SOURCE...LAW ENFORCEMENT CONFIRMED TORNADO.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

/O.CON.KTAE.TO.W.0025.000000T0000Z-200423T1645Z/  
MITCHELL GA-THOMAS GA-BROOKS GA-COLQUITT GA-  
1227 PM EDT THU APR 23 2020  
  
...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1245 PM EDT FOR  
SOUTHEASTERN MITCHELL...NORTHEASTERN THOMAS...NORTHWESTERN BROOKS AND  
COLQUITT COUNTIES...  
      
AT 1227 PM EDT, A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR RIVERSIDE, OR  
NEAR MOULTRIE, MOVING EAST AT 55 MPH.  
  
HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO AND QUARTER SIZE HAIL.  
  
SOURCE...LAW ENFORCEMENT CONFIRMED TORNADO.  

I'm not 100 percent sure it wasn't in the clear air but I think there may have been a decent TDS on the south side of Moultrie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, janetjanet998 said:

ULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  
TORNADO WARNING  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL  
1211 PM EDT THU APR 23 2020  
  
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TALLAHASSEE HAS ISSUED A  
  
* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  
  NORTH CENTRAL GRADY COUNTY IN SOUTHWESTERN GEORGIA...  
  SOUTHEASTERN MITCHELL COUNTY IN SOUTHWESTERN GEORGIA...  
  NORTHERN THOMAS COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA...  
  NORTHWESTERN BROOKS COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA...  
  COLQUITT COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA...  
  
* UNTIL 1245 PM EDT.  
  
* AT 1211 PM EDT, A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED OVER PELHAM, MOVING  
  EAST AT 55 MPH.  
  
  HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO AND QUARTER SIZE HAIL.  
  
  SOURCE...LAW ENFORCEMENT CONFIRMED TORNADO.  
  

my stepson's family all live around Moultrie, GA.  He talked to them a few minutes ago and said there were some trees/branches down, but it doesn't appear that it was anything too major

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 UNTIL 230 PM EDT.  
      
* AT 141 PM EDT, A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO  
  WAS LOCATED NEAR COGDELL, OR 9 MILES NORTHWEST OF HOMERVILLE,  
  MOVING EAST AT 50 MPH.  
  
  THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!  
  
  HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.  
  
  SOURCE...RADAR CONFIRMED TORNADO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, janetjanet998 said:

 UNTIL 230 PM EDT.  
      
* AT 141 PM EDT, A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO  
  WAS LOCATED NEAR COGDELL, OR 9 MILES NORTHWEST OF HOMERVILLE,  
  MOVING EAST AT 50 MPH.  
  
  THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!  
  
  HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.  
  
  SOURCE...RADAR CONFIRMED TORNADO.

Any idea if on the ground?

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Jtm12180 said:

my stepson's family all live around Moultrie, GA.  He talked to them a few minutes ago and said there were some trees/branches down, but it doesn't appear that it was anything too major

There was a tornado report 4 mi southeast of Moultrie, and around Ellenton.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it have been riding an outflow boundary for like the past 90 mins, the boundary got sucked back up north a little bit ago

 

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 230 PM EDT FOR  
SOUTHWESTERN PIERCE...SOUTHWESTERN BRANTLEY...WARE...NORTHEASTERN  
CLINCH AND NORTHWESTERN CHARLTON COUNTIES...  
          
AT 203 PM EDT, A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO WAS  
LOCATED NEAR MANOR, OR 9 MILES WEST OF WAYCROSS, MOVING EAST AT 50  
MPH.  
  
THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!  
  
HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.  
  
SOURCE...RADAR CONFIRMED TORNADO. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

still pDS

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED  
TORNADO WARNING  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE JACKSONVILLE FL  
215 PM EDT THU APR 23 2020  
  
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN JACKSONVILLE HAS ISSUED A  
  
* TORNADO WARNING FOR...  
  NORTHWESTERN CAMDEN COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN GEORGIA...  
  WESTERN GLYNN COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN GEORGIA...  
  SOUTHERN PIERCE COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN GEORGIA...  
  BRANTLEY COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN GEORGIA...  
  NORTHEASTERN WARE COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN GEORGIA...  
  SOUTHEASTERN WAYNE COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN GEORGIA...  
  
* UNTIL 300 PM EDT.  
      
* AT 214 PM EDT, A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO  
  WAS LOCATED NEAR BOGGY BAY, OR NEAR WAYCROSS, MOVING EAST AT 50  
  MPH.  
  
  THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!  
  
  HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.  
  
  SOURCE...RADAR CONFIRMED TORNADO.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Not sure if it was down when around Waycross area or not.

Family back home in Waycross just said it was just strong winds and a lot of hail. I was sleeping and woke up to them panicking about that PDS warning. Scary stuff especially when it hits in your hometown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...