Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Holy Thursday coastal redevelopment observations

MarkO

57 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
2 hours ago, mreaves said:
A friend who lives in Brunswick, ME has been without power since 9:45 last night. 

6am today. On a private Rd. Not sure how much longer but there are far worse problems in the world. Kinda nice not having TV

Do you have a wood stove or a fireplace? Agreed!

A friend of mine who lives in Brunswick out on the water seems to live on his generator during the winter months. Over last sixth months, been there three times, the backup generator been running twice.

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

IMG_20200411_095433.jpg

Doesn't have the Temple cocorahs, 13" thru yesterday morning and 0.4" in flurries during that day.  (Or my 0.2" flurries atop the initial 8.3". :weenie:  That many flakes in the air would've been another inch in January.)  Jacks in Rangeley country and Bigelow to Crocker.

Still no power. 25hr

Ours came on at 3:30, after blinking off at 8:45 yesterday morning, not quite 31 hours and the longest we've been dark since moving here; 30 hours in Dec 2000 had been the worst.  Only had to cut one fairly small tree out of the road, but 2 bigger ones (50' tall maple and 60' pine) tipped onto the lines about 3 miles to our north, the pine still there about noon today.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 12:25 PM, mreaves said:

MHT will be easier.  North/South travel in NNE is usually ok but East/West can suck.  Even though you're on Rt.2 it can be a slog.

Agreed.  93 to Littleton then over to Rt 2 in Jefferson (on Rt 116?  Been a while since we've driven it.)  Maybe 30 miles from the Interstate to Randolph.  From PWM the nearest one can get on I-95 is Gray or Auburn, and Rt 26 (Gray) or 4 (Auburn) go thru a handful of small towns with 35 mph limits before one even gets to Rt 2 - more than twice the secondary road travel that way.  Simpler but all secondaries is RT 302 right from PWM to 16 in N. Conway.  (And in the summer 302 in Naples can be a long parking lot.  Same with N. Conway in tourist seasons.)

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 1:58 PM, dryslot said:

I scratch my head at how some of those cocorahs sites are listed.   Winthrop 9.4 W is actually in Leeds, or maybe even across the Androscoggin in Turner.  Those 19-20" reports from Madrid 4 WNW and 5 WNW are likely in Sandy River Plantation near where the AT crosses Rt 4 and probably about 1500' asl.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Doesn't have the Temple cocorahs, 13" thru yesterday morning and 0.4" in flurries during that day.  (Or my 0.2" flurries atop the initial 8.3". :weenie:  That many flakes in the air would've been another inch in January.)  Jacks in Rangeley country and Bigelow to Crocker.

Still no power. 25hr

Ours came on at 3:30, after blinking off at 8:45 yesterday morning, not quite 31 hours and the longest we've been dark since moving here; 30 hours in Dec 2000 had been the worst.  Only had to cut one fairly small tree out of the road, but 2 bigger ones (50' tall maple and 60' pine) tipped onto the lines about 3 miles to our north, the pine still there about noon today.

That stat you posted about storm fails in April got owned eh?

13 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

That stat you posted about storm fails in April got owned eh?

Yup.  Hit right in the forecast range (8-12), first April WSW forecast to verify since 2011 (though there's been at most a half dozen 2011 on, and getting big April snow is usually a no-margin scenario.)

• Like 1