• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlckJckKhoWX
    Newest Member
    BlckJckKhoWX

COVID-19 Talk

Texas is allowing you to continue collecting unemployment even if you don’t return if you are 65+ or have a household member 65+. This is a little closer to a phased reopening that protects at risk people. It’s not great imo, but much better than Ohio and Iowa and Georgia right now.

17 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

2300 deaths yesterday

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

3pm presser today by Hogan. Superintendent for schools will be there too.

7 minutes ago, 40westwx said:

Are there any Bars open anywhere in the country?

Probably a speakeasy or two opening up around the country.  

I think I may make the decision to pull my son from daycare. He starts kindergarten this year and even at half price, I can't justify $750 a month to facetime twice a day with his classmates.... and I don't really feel comfortable sending him back if they open up in the next couple weeks...

Soooooo.... yeah.

2 minutes ago, ErinInTheSky said:

I think I may make the decision to pull my son from daycare. He starts kindergarten next weekend and even at half price, I can't justify $750 a month to facetime twice a day with his classmates.... and I don't really feel comfortable sending him back if they open up in the next couple weeks...

Soooooo.... yeah.

w- w- w- wait a minute here.. you kept paying for Daycare after they canceled daycare?

Just now, 40westwx said:

w- w- w- wait a minute here.. you kept paying for Daycare after they canceled daycare?

It's a pre-K and he's 4 and I wanted to hold his spot and they offered half price. Lots of the families are doing it. Plus I wanted to make sure his teacher continued to have a job and made it a stipulation of me paying. They facetime twice a day and learn Pre-K stuff to prepare for Kindergarten, and it gives me a little time to work.

But... yeah. The value isn't there if this is going to be long term.

1 hour ago, ErinInTheSky said:

2300 deaths yesterday

This is a result of many states reconciling data, such as PA adding over 500 alone but many of those dating back to up to 2 weeks ago

• Thanks 1

MD increased in total hospitalizations again. We are close to the most we have ever had hospitalized at once here. One more positive day would put us over.