• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

4 hours ago, cny rider said:

Look, you may or may not agree with this President's policies but it's really clear that Trump and Pence are complete assholes.

They have no respect for anyone or anything.

Yup, I've made it pretty clear that I don't take party sides and use my own logic/moral compass to determine where I stand.

4 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

Show of strength in my opinion. He’s 60 and presumably with no underlying health conditions showing that this virus isn’t something to fear. 

Interesting perspective. I understand what you're saying, while at the same time I respectfully disagree. There are things I appreciate about Pence, but this is not one of them. To me, it shows a real lack of consideration towards the facility, as well as the mandates made from local and state governments. Trump said that he was going to allow the state Governors to lead and said they are competent, but then disregards their own requests.

I find it akin to going to somebody's house as a guest and then intentionally leaving your shoes on in their house after they have made it clear they wish for you to take them off.

But, it's true...I'm a soft-hearted and sensitive guy...so I am always trying to consider everybody else. It's my "filter" for how I see things in life. Both a blessing and a curse.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

But, it's true...I'm a soft-hearted and sensitive guy...so I am always trying to consider everybody else. It's my "filter" for how I see things in life. Both a blessing and a curse.

You’re a morally good person. Call it the categorical imperative or the principle of justness or the Golden Rule, many faiths see the moral rectitude of behaving in a way towards others that can be fairly reciprocated. Pence seems to have checked his moral principles at the doors of the White House.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WNash said:

You’re a morally good person. Call it the categorical imperative or the principle if justness or the Golden Rule, many faiths see the moral rectitude of behaving in a way towards others that can be fairly reciprocated. Pence seems to have checked his moral principles at the doors of the White House.

Thanks. My Christian faith is a huge driver in my life. I sometimes get very disappointed and saddened by the mindsets and actions of some other Christians...but then am reminded of how human I am and the "own planks I have in my eyes." Still, I will call out others of the same faith if I feel they are ready to hear it. Otherwise, it's just like talking to a brick wall.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

What is everyones guess on when international travel will resume without quarantines? Think in 2020? 

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-airlines-that-failed-bankrupt-covid19-pandemic-2020-3

Spit balling? Middle of 2021. Only when a vaccine is approved and countries all have the vaccine will that happen. Until then I think many if not all countries will be very protective of foreigners.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

What is everyones guess on when international travel will resume without quarantines? Think in 2020? 

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-airlines-that-failed-bankrupt-covid19-pandemic-2020-3

Are we playing price is right rules?

I say October 2020. Politics will play a factor.

Sweden will be a hot spot for tourism because they'll be the first place with herd immunity lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MJO812 said:

I think Cuomo pulls the trigger on NYC on June 1. There is still alot of cases everyday.

Parts of upstate NY will likely start opening May 15.

The first day back to the gym is going to be insane. Going to be so packed and people will likely workout for 3-4 hours. I can guarantee you there will be no social distancing occurring. 

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm wondering if we are able to domestically travel this year? If so I'm booking my trip to Alaska. 

I have two trips planned to the Adirondacks this year that I don't anticipate any issues with. A coworker is currently vacationing in Florida with no issues. Ive been to Ohio a few times since the lock downs for work with no issues as well. I think you would be fine.

• Like 1

The first day back to the gym is going to be insane. Going to be so packed and people will likely workout for 3-4 hours. I can guarantee you there will be no social distancing occurring. 

Prob a lot of injuries too.Guys on Iron Radio were talking about that this week.

• Haha 1

Just now, Luke_Mages said:

I have two trips planned to the Adirondacks this year that I don't anticipate any issues with. A coworker is currently vacationing in Florida with no issues. Ive been to Ohio a few times since the lock downs for work with no issues as well. I think you would be fine.

Have you seen this? Are police going to be enforcing this in summer? This is what I'm worried about when going to other states. Police pulling us over for different state license plates.

14-day quarantine on people entering Maine

https://www.maine.gov/covid19/restartingmaine

Have you seen this? Are police going to be enforcing this in summer? This is what I'm worried about when going to other states. Police pulling us over for different state license plates.

14-day quarantine on people entering Maine

https://www.maine.gov/covid19/restartingmaine

No we haven't seen anything like that. Our field welders have been traveling to and from Ohio every week with NY plates and haven't been stopped. 

Id scratch maine of the list of places to vaca.

• Like 1

I wonder if every country is going to implement the 14 day quarantine upon entering their country until a vaccine is found? How do you enforce that? Do they drive you from airport to hotel and leave you there? I rarely travel for more then 2 weeks at a time which would not allow me to travel until this is done away with. Who would ever travel with a 2 week quarantine? 

4 minutes ago, brentrich said:

Anyone know if NY gov has extended stay home order again or will it still expire on May 15th? 

It sounds like Cuomo will address this tomorrow, at least he said he’s going to make the decision on schools. I would bet my house on it that schools will be closed the rest of this school year. Just too many things to go wrong over 4 weeks of in school learning left. How would kids social distance on buses, in hallways, etc... as far as businesses reopening May 15th  I could see him letting certain regions of Upstate begin phase 1 of the federal reopening plan if numbers continue to stay low/or decline even further. I wouldn’t expect NYC/Long Island/ and WNY to begin phase 1 May 15th as there’s still too many cases and in WNY there hasn’t been any decline in cases/hospitalizations what so ever and Cuomo has even said we are the “hot spot” of Upstate. If I had to venture a guess the North Country and CNY would have the best chance at beginning phase 1 May 15th. 

3 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

It sounds like Cuomo will address this tomorrow, at least he said he’s going to make the decision on schools. I would bet my house on it that schools will be closed the rest of this school year. Just too many things to go wrong over 4 weeks of in school learning left. How would kids social distance on buses, in hallways, etc... as far as businesses reopening May 15th  I could see him letting certain regions of Upstate begin phase 1 of the federal reopening plan if numbers continue to stay low/or decline even further. I wouldn’t expect NYC/Long Island/ and WNY to begin phase 1 May 15th as there’s still too many cases and in WNY there hasn’t been any decline in cases/hospitalizations what so ever and Cuomo has even said we are the “hot spot” of Upstate. If I had to venture a guess the North Country and CNY would have the best chance at beginning phase 1 May 15th. 

You have to have 14 days of declining numbers just to get to phase 1, we are not there yet? 

14 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

You have to have 14 days of declining numbers just to get to phase 1, we are not there yet? 

Correct, Trump and pence outlined this in their reopening plan last week or the week prior. Cuomo has been saying for the last week that in order for phase 1 to happen there needs to be a 14 day decline in hospitalizations for that region. Considering we just had 3-4 days of increasing hospitalizations in Erie county followed by a 1 person decline in hospitalizations yesterday were no where close.Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz  stated in his press conference yesterday we weren’t even on day one of this yet. This is the reason Cuomo wants to open up the state in regions because in some regions (CNY/North Country) there has been a decline of hospitalizations but not here. 

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic