• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

19 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

My bigger issue isn't necessarily wages vs inflation. But the 1% income disparity and it's a direct result of tax breaks for the wealthy and not paying lower income employees what they're worth.

image.png.ad02786b2b5d3c057a5b5c8e9d3c649c.png

Not to make this political, but from 2008-2016 there was a pretty strong separation trend of each wealth category. I don't see how the Pres Obama helped African Americans during his tenure (although the slope of the 90% decreased from 2010-13, then increased a little from 2013-16).

Also wondering what that huge drop in the 1% was from 1996-2001 - maybe it was Y2K and silicon valley crash? Enron?

1 minute ago, vortmax said:

Not to make this political, but from 2008-2016 there was a pretty strong separation trend of each wealth category. I don't see how the Pres Obama helped African Americans during his tenure (although the slope of the 90% decreased from 2010-16).

Also wondering what that huge drop in the 1% was from 1996-2001 - maybe it was Y2K and silicon valley crash? Enron?

The 96-01 drop was the dot com bubble bursting. 

20 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

What in the world is going on?  Is he calling people to arms. Pretty reckless. 

F2BC9260-CE76-4B2A-82CD-0152D26C610D.thumb.jpeg.51e078ec3634184dafa605cbd6a89767.jpeg

This really isn't much different than when Pres Obama encouraged and supported the BLM protests after Treyvon Martin:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-defends-black-lives-matter-protests-police-m

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-defends-black-lives-matter-movement-as-protests-heat-up/

Also, his comments about Treyvon didn't help either...basically started the BLM movement and violence against police tended to increase after this.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vortmax said:

This really isn't much different than when Pres Obama encouraged and supported the BLM protests after Treyvon Martin:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/12/obama-defends-black-lives-matter-protests-police-m

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-defends-black-lives-matter-movement-as-protests-heat-up/

Also, his comments about Treyvon didn't help either...basically started the BLM movement and violence against police tended to increase after this.

So you think trump should be tweeting things like that. Two wrongs make a right?  Got it. 

Well, Onondaga County (Syracuse area) now  has more recovered cases then active (301 vs 271, respectively)...so that's a step in the right direction.  Thus far 17 deaths in the County attributed to covid-19.  

I'm seeing more and more "out there" stuff from my Trumpist contacts.  Its like conspiracy season on steroids.  I just learned this morning that coronavirus testing is a Democrat plot!  Who knew?  ;)

I'm a fairly constant observer of politics and current events...and i have to say that I had "sympathy" for the Trumpist complaints about various Democrat conspiracies to get Trump, mainly because there was credibility to them (Russia , Ukraine nonsense, a thousand other ones played out by the MSM daily).  However, I've long since passed the point of having any sympathy for them after the complete whitewash the Rumpists are perpetrating over the Feb-Mid March "Rumplestilskin" period and now questioning whether "lockdowns" were ever needed, anywhere.  It's uneducated idiocy.  And now, there's the Liberate the States nonsense, the cozying up to quacks like Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, Dr. Drew, while Dr. Fauci gets roasted (they hate that he was involved with and a major advocate in Public Health in the AIDS research and cure...herd immunity was the solution for the gays per the Rumpist loons...).  Sigh.

57 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

So you think trump should be tweeting things like that. Two wrongs make a right?  Got it. 

Did I say that? Not at all. I just showed that what you and other Pres Trump dis-likers state as crazy or WTF or whatever, other Presidents have done. Just offering perspective. For some reason, Pres Trump-dislikers seems to think he's the only one that has done/said things they don't like, yet it's somehow 'acceptable' if their party's elect do the same. Was likely the same scenario when Pres Obama was in office.

Looks like we'll have to wait another year which is obviously not surprising with what's going on..

What was supposed to be a banner year for marijuana legalization is becoming a bust.

Advocates are pushing ballot referendums in nearly a dozen states, from Idaho to New Jersey. Governors and state lawmakers who failed to pass legalization last year — most notably in New York — vowed that 2020 would be different. But social distancing has put ballot drives on pause and state lawmakers are overwhelmed with addressing the crisis at hand.

Even New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who declared that marijuana legalization would be a “top priority” earlier this year, abandoned the initiative when his state emerged as the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S.

38 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Did I say that? Not at all. I just showed that what you and other Pres Trump dis-likers state as crazy or WTF or whatever, other Presidents have done. Just offering perspective. For some reason, Pres Trump-dislikers seems to think he's the only one that has done/said things they don't like, yet it's somehow 'acceptable' if their party's elect do the same. Was likely the same scenario when Pres Obama was in office.

Do you think Trump should be encouraging people to take arms and rebel against their state government?  Do you think encouraging states into Civil war is a good idea?  The year is 2020, stop saying the word Obama.

• Like 1

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

Do you think Trump should be encouraging people to take arms and rebel against their state government?  Do you think encouraging states into Civil war is a good idea?  The year is 2020, stop saying the word Obama.

I in no way encourage violence...whether or not these Tweets encourage that, I guess we'll find out, although I'm pretty sure he's not calling people to kill people - as much as I'm pretty sure Pres Obama wasn't calling on people to kill police.

If I were Pres Trump, I would've worded it differently. Something like: "Liberate Virginia, and save your great 2nd amendment, vote the Democrats out!"

10 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Watch Florida cases start to boom..

Floridians didn’t waste any time getting back to the sun and surf when beaches and parks were reopened in Jacksonville — the same day the state clocked a record number of coronavirus cases.

200418-jacksonville-florida-beach.jpg

If there is one place I would feel is marginally safe it would be a beach.  Between the high temps, high humidity, oppressive UV, and salt water it is the quintessential virus killer.  There is no better combination of natural virus killers packaged neatly in one place.  It's also very windy which quickly disperses any viral loads high enough to infect others.  I think this is one reason we never saw much of an impact from the Spring Breakers who stormed the beaches in huge numbers last month. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

If there is one place I would feel is marginally safe it would be a beach.  Between the high temps, high humidity, oppressive UV, and salt water it is the quintessential virus killer.  There is no better combination of natural virus killers packaged neatly in one place.  It's also very windy which quickly disperses any viral loads high enough to infect others.  I think this is one reason we never saw much of an impact from the Spring Breakers who stormed the beaches in huge numbers last month. 

Totally agree. We're down in Hilton Head and the mostly private beaches here have been busy the whole time. Only 25 cases here with a population of 40k.

• Like 1

• Rjay locked and unlocked this topic