• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Catacol
    Newest Member
    Catacol

2020 Spring and Summer mountain thread.

18 hours ago, Met1985 said:

The 12z GFS is still advertising snow for around the 26th and the 27th. The main thing is there is a big signal for another significant trough in the east.  Actually the next two weeks the trough in the east just reloads for us... Where was this at this winter?!

It would be nice to get this setup before March; best of my recollection winter of 2010-2011 was the last time we had the teleconnections set up well during the winter; however, when it ended in February, spring ended up being early and warm in 2011 (based on my unreliable memory).  The 2009-2010 winter was epic.

Anyway, in the month of April, l I don't need to look at the models.  Just glance here and if I see you posting, then I know Dogwood winter is upon us:snowing:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonhowl said:

It would be nice to get this setup before March; best of my recollection winter of 2010-2011 was the last time we had the teleconnections set up well during the winter; however, when it ended in February, spring ended up being early and warm in 2011 (based on my unreliable memory).  The 2009-2010 winter was epic.

Anyway, in the month of April, l I don't need to look at the models.  Just glance here and if I see you posting, then I know Dogwood winter is upon us:snowing:

Thanks moonhowl. Yes you are exactly right on both winters of 2009 and 2010. Yeah this current setup would have been grand for winter but we could not buy a decent look for the NAO OR AO. Yep an extended dogwood winter at that. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Got some graupel up here at the moment and the wind is really starting to pick up.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nice! The wind has been cranking all afternoon here in town. Going to be another cold frosty night I believe unless the wind stays stiff. No changes on whats coming down the road. More unsettled cold weather for April.

1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

Man im so glad the rain is back. I was getting worried it was going to dry up. No real big changes with the upcoming forecast.  Still unsettled with cool shot. 

This weather was the past week or two has been killing me and looks to continue through next week.  Like you’ve said before, needed this pattern in January!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxKnurd said:

This weather was the past week or two has been killing me and looks to continue through next week.  Like you’ve said before, needed this pattern in January!

Yeah no kidding! Where has this pattern been?! Obviously im being sarcastic about the rain. They are calling for rain right through the weekend... Lovely weather!

Another day with sprinkles of rain and chilly. Really getting worried for our local businesses trying to survive. We need to carefully get back to "normal" in Haywood County. 

3 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Severe storm here in Haywood. Wxknurd what are you reporting?

Windy from the outflow, it’s just skirting us.  Looking up towards the top of the mountain it is DARK.

• Like 1

I’m not sure we broke 50 here today, maybe around 12 while the sun was out but it’s been windy and raw all day.  Definitely doesn’t feel like late April!

Any snow/sleet/graupel in the southern mtns along the TN border? Seeing some 'pink' returns on radar.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

33° now and a mixed bag, primarily snow.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nice man! We are at 42 here with a stiff breeze. Man I love this weather towards the end of April.

• Like 1

Appear to be bottoming out about 37 F here in the valley.  Looking forward to the warm up today and brief break from the wind.

• Like 1

The EURO, GFS, and NAM all show a squall line running through the mountains tomorrow evening through into the night. Should see some more severe weather with possible hail, high winds and heavy rainfall.