Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

13 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

One of Trump's doctors said that the chest scan came back with expected findings.  Didn't say it looked normal or good, though he did say it was not of major clinical concern.  

Also started dexamethasone.

This is playing out like last winter's trend of "weaker and south". It shouldn't be so predictable, but it is anyway. Thanks for the info lol

• Haha 1

https://www.dailywire.com/news/wh-releases-photos-of-trump-grinding-away-at-work-while-in-hospital

Dude. This is the pinnacle of WTF. You can clearly tell that the two photos in the tweet were taken ten minutes apart, in different rooms, with Trump being dressed differently in each. In the screenshot, you can LITERALLY SEE that he's using the world's fattest Sharpie to sign a BLANK PIECE OF PAPER.

The fact that they're endangering the life of a photographer for this shit is pathetic.

Screenshot_20201004-142351.jpg

I would hope that they were dressed properly and were in and out of there with the camera setup and not lingering in the room the whole time that the video was recorded, but I wouldn't count on that.

The real tell of what his condition is like would be at the debate in a week and a half, but it is hard to imagine that taking place from a quarantine/infectivity perspective (would at least be cutting it close), let alone a physical standpoint.  It is not easy to stand on a stage and bring the energy for 2 hours.  

Guest ovweather

I’m guessing it’s not normal for a hospitalized Covid patient to go for a joy ride around the hospital waving to supporters? Oh, and putting others at risk of the virus by doing so. Can’t imagine the secret service in the SUV with him were happy, even with N-95 masks on. Geez, what a sh*tshow.

8 minutes ago, ovweather said:

I’m guessing it’s not normal for a hospitalized Covid patient to go for a joy ride around the hospital waving to supporters? Oh, and putting others at risk of the virus by doing so. Can’t imagine the secret service in the SUV with him were happy, even with N-95 masks on. Geez, what a sh*tshow.

You can do almost anything you want when you're president.  Actually true of life in general... different standards for people with status.

At least his wave looked strong.

• Haha 1

Just now, WestMichigan said:

Do you guys want Trump dead?  I don't wish anyone to die from this buy all I see here is the writing is on the wall, RIP, etc....  Come on guys show some respect and a little decent humanity here.

Agreed, there are some out of hand comments in here.  

Guest ovweather
44 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

You can do almost anything you want when you're president.  Actually true of life in general... different standards for people with status.

At least his wave looked strong.

It would be great if he would put out a statement from the hospital stressing the importance of mask wearing. But seeing as to how his administration has blown the Covid response from Day 1, no way this close to the election is that goon platoon going to admit anything. The past 3 days has been nothing but hospital publicity stunts to glorify his ego and his status as a so-called “alpha male” all the while ignoring a perfect opportunity to stress the important of taking this virus seriously.

8 minutes ago, ovweather said:

It would be great if he would put out a statement from the hospital stressing the importance of mask wearing. But seeing as to how his administration has blown the Covid response from Day 1, no way this close to the election is that goon platoon going to admit anything. The past 3 days has been nothing but hospital publicity stunts to glorify his ego and his status as a so-called “alpha male” all the while ignoring a perfect opportunity to stress the important of taking this virus seriously.

And that's exactly why we shouldn't sugarcoat the possibility of him not making it out of this alive. I'm not hoping for him to die, but I'm sure as hell not going to sit around and pretend that it wouldn't be ironic as all hell. Trump has shown that he doesn't care about those that have died from Covid every time he downplays the virus and mocks science. Until he contracted it himself, he called it the "China Virus" in order to deflect blame, but the second he got it himself, it became "the plague" or the "Coronavirus", even. Just because he's the president doesn't mean this isn't a healthy dose of karma; the issue is, he still hasn't learned. 

• Like 2

Do you guys want Trump dead?  I don't wish anyone to die from this but all I see here is the writing is on the wall, RIP, etc....  Come on guys show some respect and a little decent humanity here.

he doesn’t care about anyone that has actually died of it. so why should we care of his health?

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, WestMichigan said:

Do you guys want Trump dead?  I don't wish anyone to die from this but all I see here is the writing is on the wall, RIP, etc....  Come on guys show some respect and a little decent humanity here.

I don't support this president, but I don't like those comments either.  It's hard to perceive it as anything other than cheering on someone's demise.  Anyone is free to feel however they want, but it doesn't mean it has to be shared here.

I'd rather we keep this focused on what is going on with his condition.  

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

Here’s a good view...

That would’ve been easily caught by anyone editing it, and there’s no one who’d think that wouldn’t have caused a lot of speculation.  

Call me crazy but it’s possible he doesn’t have COVID. You can pay and/or influence the right people to lie when you’re arguably the most powerful person on earth; not to mention the vague, sometimes contradictory details that are coming out.

Oxygen levels “below 94 but not in the low 80s?” Medications taken are prescribed for patients with severe symptoms, and yet he’s well enough to address the nation, go for a ride and even might be discharged as early as tomorrow? Attending physician, who only sees one patient all week and that’s the President, didn’t know whether he’d been on oxygen? 

Trump loves his optics which makes him a good entertainer, but we need transparency through the veneer for a functioning government that most people can trust. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

I don't support this president, but I don't like those comments either.  It's hard to perceive it as anything other than cheering on someone's demise.  Anyone is free to feel however they want, but it doesn't mean it has to be shared here.

I'd rather we keep this focused on what is going on with his condition.  

So a comment about biden gets removed, but we keep comments talking about RIP to our president up?   

• Like 2

Guest ovweather
1 hour ago, Malacka11 said:

And that's exactly why we shouldn't sugarcoat the possibility of him not making it out of this alive. I'm not hoping for him to die, but I'm sure as hell not going to sit around and pretend that it wouldn't be ironic as all hell. Trump has shown that he doesn't care about those that have died from Covid every time he downplays the virus and mocks science. Until he contracted it himself, he called it the "China Virus" in order to deflect blame, but the second he got it himself, it became "the plague" or the "Coronavirus", even. Just because he's the president doesn't mean this isn't a healthy dose of karma; the issue is, he still hasn't learned. 

Exactly.

I don’t wish anyone to die from Covid either, including Trump, because the reality is any one of us could be next. But I can’t fault those who have lost loved ones to Covid wanting to see Trump face his own mortality because of his unwillingness to do the right thing for the country in regards to saving lives.

3 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

So a comment about biden gets removed, but we keep comments talking about rip to our president up?   

I'm sure this will get removed, but hopefully you'll see it before that happens. Your comment had absolutely nothing to do with Covid, and was purely trash talk against Biden, who has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Not ONE post in here is "ripping" Trump; we are stating facts about his response to this epidemic. Don't play this bullshit victim card. 

• Weenie 1

43 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

I'm sure this will get removed, but hopefully you'll see it before that happens. Your comment had absolutely nothing to do with Covid, and was purely trash talk against Biden, who has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Not ONE post in here is "ripping" Trump; we are stating facts about his response to this epidemic. Don't play this bullshit victim card. 

To clarify it was not the ripping I was referring to...RIP were the comments.  

1 minute ago, dta1984 said:

To clarify it was not the ripping I was referring to...RIP were the comments.  Need me to spell that out?  

The fact still remains though, that the "RIP" comment was, at a minimum, at least on topic; regardless of whether it was respectful, it was a commentary on the fact that Trump taking dexamethasone isn't a very good sign. All your comment was aiming to do was try to piss people off.

17 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

The fact still remains though, that the "RIP" comment was, at a minimum, at least on topic; regardless of whether it was respectful, it was a commentary on the fact that Trump taking dexamethasone isn't a very good sign. All your comment was aiming to do was try to piss people off.

You are arguing with a guy who has an avatar of "Defund the Media". Probably a waste of time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

So a comment about biden gets removed, but we keep comments talking about RIP to our president up?   

I mean, I made a post on Friday saying "take the high road folks."  It was in reference to the RIP/cheering on death type of stuff.  I was hoping people would get the hint to stop posting things like that.  Joe Biden is really not relevant to this thread at all right now.  If he comes down with the virus, or wins the election and does something newsworthy, then that's a different story.

28 minutes ago, ovweather said:

Exactly.

I don’t wish anyone to die from Covid either, including Trump, because the reality is any one of us could be next. But I can’t fault those who have lost loved ones to Covid wanting to see Trump face his own mortality because of his unwillingness to do the right thing for the country in regards to saving lives.

Exactly, and there are over 200k people dead, I can completely understand it.

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I mean, I made a post on Friday saying "take the high road folks."  It was in reference to the RIP/cheering on death type of stuff.  I was hoping people would get the hint to stop posting things like that.  Joe Biden is really not relevant to this thread at all right now.  If he comes down with the virus, or wins the election and does something newsworthy, then that's a different story.

Agreed on the Biden part. Point is, anticipating or wishing death on someone should be more severe and an automatic comment removal.  Cam Newton has covid, should we start posting rip for him?

50 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

That would’ve been easily caught by anyone editing it, and there’s no one who’d think that wouldn’t have caused a lot of speculation.  

Call me crazy but it’s possible he doesn’t have COVID. You can pay and/or influence the right people to lie when you’re arguably the most powerful person on earth; not to mention the vague, sometimes contradictory details that are coming out.

Oxygen levels “below 94 but not in the low 80s?” Medications taken are prescribed for patients with severe symptoms, and yet he’s well enough to address the nation, go for a ride and even might be discharged as early as tomorrow? Attending physician, who only sees one patient all week and that’s the President, didn’t know whether he’d been on oxygen? 

Trump loves his optics which makes him a good entertainer, but we need transparency through the veneer for a functioning government that most people can trust. 

Skepticism is healthy, but I think he really has it.

It seems most likely that he picked it up at an event last Saturday.  After his diagnosis was announced, a bunch of people who were also at that event announced positive results.  They would all have to be in on it.  But besides that, Trump loves to project strength.  Going to the hospital isn't a good look, especially so close to the election.  If it's all fake and some attempt to get a sympathy vote, I'd say it wasn't thought out well, because what it has done is put the virus even more in the news.  Trump is very polarizing.  I think most people want him to recover, but well wishes don't always equal votes.    

When you hear that he received antibodies, remdesivir and dexamethasone, it makes it seem like they are throwing everything they can at the patient because they are in extraordinarily bad shape.  But this isn't an ordinary patient, and I think it's quite possible that they are bending the criteria a bit in his case.  So far, we have seen a few photographs, some videos that are a minute or three in length, and a brief car ride before returning to the hospital.  That is not that much to ask of a significantly ill individual.  He is not running a marathon or golfing 18 holes.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Skepticism is healthy, but I think he really has it.

It seems most likely that he picked it up at an event last Saturday.  After his diagnosis was announced, a bunch of people who were also at that event announced positive results.  They would all have to be in on it.  But besides that, Trump loves to project strength.  Going to the hospital isn't a good look, especially so close to the election.  If it's all fake and some attempt to get a sympathy vote, I'd say it wasn't thought out well, because what it has done is put the virus even more in the news.  Trump is very polarizing.  I think most people want him to recover, but well wishes don't always equal votes.    

When you hear that he received antibodies, remdesivir and dexamethasone, it makes it seem like they are throwing everything they can at the patient because they are in extraordinarily bad shape.  But this isn't an ordinary patient, and I think it's quite possible that they are bending the criteria a bit in his case.  So far, we have seen a few photographs, some videos that are a minute or three in length, and a brief car ride before returning to the hospital.  That is not that much to ask of a significantly ill individual.  He is not running a marathon or golfing 18 holes.  

Exactly. If we look at Trump's previous political tactics, he's always tried to circumnavigate the topic of coronavirus. So for him to suddenly fake having it would be very odd. 

The fact that we're even a little bit skeptical of this situation is, in and of itself, a very, very sad thing.

• Like 1