• Member Statistics

    16,105
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    corvairbob
    Newest Member
    corvairbob
    Joined
MAG5035

Central PA - Spring 2020

Recommended Posts

Just now, paweather said:

Your good, I’m just looking for snow to fall it won’t accumulate here but heck if it snows in May what that mean for June? April showers bring May flowers so what does June mean!? LOL

I'm heading for the Outer Banks during the middle of June. This will be the only week of the year that I'd appreciate some temperatures that approach hot levels. 

After I return it's past the solstice and the countdown to winter begins. :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm heading for the Outer Banks during the middle of June. This will be the only week of the year that I'd appreciate some temperatures that approach hot levels. 

After I return it's past the solstice and the countdown to winter begins. :) 

:axe:

Honestly, I wish to God that my wife was open to a move to Arizona.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm heading for the Outer Banks during the middle of June. This will be the only week of the year that I'd appreciate some temperatures that approach hot levels. 

After I return it's past the solstice and the countdown to winter begins. :) 

Love it. Next winter cannot get any worse than this one, or can it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 0z NAM, along with most model runs today were not very promising for snow, especially near the LSV.

Hopefully, we will have a rally tomorrow morning.

I will consider it a victory if I see Any snow flakes in the air tomorrow night or Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@MAG5035 

What are your thoughts for any chance for CTP snow tomorrow night & Saturday?

The synoptic event def doesn't look as good as it did. The system's timing overall is a bit faster by about 3-6 hours and the low seems a tad north and a bit later with getting going. Pretty much the snowy NAM is looking more like what the Euro has been looking like as the Euro has been the least enthused with wintry precip in PA. Also haven't seen an overly strong signal on ensembles other than maybe the SREF. So I think the changeover to snow is looking like it's going to stay confined to higher ground. It's still going to be crazy cold first thing Saturday morning and still a chance of some pop up frozen showers in the afternoon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

The synoptic event def doesn't look as good as it did. The system's timing overall is a bit faster by about 3-6 hours and the low seems a tad north and a bit later with getting going. Pretty much the snowy NAM is looking more like what the Euro has been looking like as the Euro has been the least enthused with wintry precip in PA. Also haven't seen an overly strong signal on ensembles other than maybe the SREF. So I think the changeover to snow is looking like it's going to stay confined to higher ground. It's still going to be crazy cold first thing Saturday morning and still a chance of some pop up frozen showers in the afternoon. 

Seems even being 3 weeks from summer is not enough to shake our old winter pattern as it pertains to models over stating snow a few days out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Seems even being 3 weeks from summer is not enough to shake our old winter pattern as it pertains to models over stating snow a few days out. 

Yes, I agree. This year in particular has been especially frustrating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Itstrainingtime hasn't been nor will he be expecting snow other than possibly a snow shower tomorrow. Nor should anyone else in LSV have been. 

Understood just reading the blob of snow over you on the Nam.  Fun to talk about. At least there is no sun angle causing an issue! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’m not in bullseye.  I’m out 

one last sucker punch before we put the snow goggles away for the summer.  

At least we knew that being May and all....this one had long odds to overcome.  Like Mag suggested the other day....still some anomalously cold air for this time of year.

still think laurels to sullivan/susquehanna co. get one last frosting for the season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You live in the red zone. No travel for you!

did canderson make it back from his anniv voyage to DC or did he get acosted at da border.....:ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, paweather said:

:D I love to break the "law"

if we wanna live at all right now.....we have to.  SO sad....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep. I've got an oceanfront rental home in Hatteras paid in full - can I claim that as essential travel?

if you own it and pay taxes on it.....absolutely. 

If you are just renting and need a break for mental wellness.....absolutely.

 

 

Good answer????:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, paweather said:

Absolutely, think of it the same way people are still flying on airplanes. Your good. 

 

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

if you own it and pay taxes on it.....absolutely. 

If you are just renting and need a break for mental wellness.....absolutely.

 

 

Good answer????:P

Thanks guys. That's what I wanted, I mean needed to hear. :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.