• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

That was why I did not post the snow map just the "hey look it might snow some in May" thought of my post...sine surface temps were really too high for accums. 

Pretty much. One last act of defiance from old man winter in the winter that both never wanted to start then never wanted to end 

5 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Pretty much. One last act of defiance from old man winter in the winter that both never wanted to start then never wanted to end 

I would be pissed if my closest PA station, MDT,  got enough  snow to get over the total for making this the least snowiest winter ever.  We are in May now and I want to keep that distinction and not have it blown on a May 3-5"" slopfest miracle.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I would be pissed if my closest PA station, MDT,  got enough  snow to get over the total for making this the least snowiest winter ever.  We are in May now and I want to keep that distinction and not have it blown on a May 3-5"" slopfest miracle.

MSV finished more than twice below norms for snow by comparison. In some aspects 2011-12 was worse but in others this past winter takes the cake.

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That was why I did not post the snow map just the "hey look it might snow some in May" thought of my post...sine surface temps were really too high for accums. 

Yeah, the snow maps were quite respectable...for JANUARY standards...

6 minutes ago, paweather said:

Love it you may get it too especially where you are. 10pm Friday night for my area, I don't even care if it doesn't accum, I just want to see it snow. Maybe we will be tracking snow in June!? LOL.

If we are I am going to have a beef with @Blizzard of 93 and his "All snow counts for the season" thought process.  June 2020 snows do not count toward 19/20 winter snowfall totals!  LOL. 

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If we are I am going to have a beef with @Blizzard of 93 and his "All snow counts for the season" thought process.  June 2020 snows do not count toward 19/20 winter snowfall totals!  LOL. 

On the bright side, it now can literally snow 8 months out of the year in PA....not just the Rockies.

actually since we cant do shit in this state right now, sitting and watching it snow would be just fine w/ me.  

I am looking forward to the warmer weather though.....yes, I said it.  I think we all could use a boost to our psyche

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z Euro drives the SLP through the middle of PA instead of under it so the results are as below.  Should we throw it out because we are within 60 hours and outside the Euro's wheelhouse time?  :-)

image.png.bdf4cb2a81b34114c82cfcdd545a9be4.png

image.png.8ed8563975db36c7eb8826f1e0802a3e.png

Of course! That is a good reason to throw it out and it shows no snow for me. :-( LOL.

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Seems the rain for today in the LSV was kind of over stated?  We have been dry since 10AM.

Looks like you're completely out of the precip.  Southern edge is here in Cumberland county.  I've had on and off light rain since this morning and have picked up 0.26" so far.