• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish
WinterWxLuvr

February Medium/Long Range Discussion

Surprised no one’s commenting on the weeniest GEFS in who knows how long.  Specifically the period from 2/28-3/4.  It’s all we’ve got at this point.  I guess everyone’s been reaped.  

EDIT: The NAO is +++++++++ at this time so I can see why no one’s enthused.  

3 minutes ago, Snowchaser said:

Agreed 

You decided to quote the post containing the useless snow maps, so we can all see them yet again, just to agree?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Surprised no one’s commenting on the weeniest GEFS in who knows how long.  Specifically the period from 2/28-3/4.  It’s all we’ve got at this point.  I guess everyone’s been reaped.  

+NAO does relax quite a bit towards the end of the month, but won't last very long as currently advertised.

As has been discussed, there appears to be an opening during that period for a storm to take a more favorable track, and we are seeing hints on the guidance. 12z Euro op was interesting today for late next week, but the 12z EPS is unenthusiastic about the idea.

8 minutes ago, paulythegun said:

love that people are getting excited about a snowmap that's right around climo

image.thumb.png.999ace38d54c121ba16665b2cc9057d3.png

Considering everything has been below climo, it’s nice to at least see blue on a map. Plus, I think everyone by this point knows to take it all with a grain of salt. 

3 hours ago, jaydreb said:

I honestly think it's exhaustion over "decent" modeled periods that amount to zero and how Ocean City and NC will have more snow than BWI this year. Meh.

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

18z gfs is a disaster 

Terrible post.  At least include a snow map...even if you draw it yourself.  I know you got the skilz to do it....just lazy.

• Haha 1

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Kidding but it was. Never gets the front east so it’s cutter after cutter cutter. But no way that could happen right?  RIGHT!

Would be the peak of unfairness if it did...smh Hope this was just an off-run! (because I'm just holding out a little hope for the first week of March...after that I'm out, lol)

25 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Kidding but it was. Never gets the front east so it’s cutter after cutter cutter. But no way that could happen right?  RIGHT!

Well, the look on the ens means are hardly inspiring if one is objective. Easy to see how the same results would occur overall. The random fluke could always happen though, as evidenced by the event we will all watch from afar over the next day or so.

• Weenie 1

27 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

This looks kinda familiar. Not exactly a winning look for March. Our "prime" window looks...brief.

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_65.png

Hello Doom Blob my old friend.

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

18z gfs is a disaster 

lol. Ji couldn't have said it better

1 hour ago, PCT_ATC said:

lol. Ji couldn't have said it better

@Ji definitely could have said it better. Should have read “this winter is a disaster”  :violin:

9 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Gfs digging good at h5 at hr 153 . Let's see what it does at the surface shortly .

Just our luck... rainstorm!