• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Flake size increasing. Moderate to sometimes heavy snow outside. Going to take a jeb walk with the dog, these nights are rare.

WUNIDS_map?num=10&type=N0R&mapx=400&mapy

Looks good where you are, not a flake the last hour in Amherst. Honestly I’m over this winter and more than ready for spring, unless we can get a whopper (12”+). Looking forward to tracking summertime thunderstorms, heat waves, and tropical systems. Seems not too far off but at the same time light years away. 

29 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Looks good where you are, not a flake the last hour in Amherst. Honestly I’m over this winter and more than ready for spring, unless we can get a whopper (12”+). Looking forward to tracking summertime thunderstorms, heat waves, and tropical systems. Seems not too far off but at the same time light years away. 

I think there is definitely a chance at a whopper if the long range is right. :lol:

• Haha 1

BuffaloWeather , Hamburg has been getting lit up the last several hours straight. Theres gotta be what, 2-3” in last 2-3 hours? Those are some nice returns especially given temps are the mid teens now. Some light to occasionally moderate snow in Amherst the last hour but not really adding up to more than a dusting so far, it’s too interment to really add up and it looks like it will be shutting off again north of Buffalo shortly. 

8 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

BuffaloWeather , Hamburg has been getting lit up the last several hours straight. Theres gotta be what, 2-3” in last 2-3 hours? Those are some nice returns especially given temps are the mid teens now. Some light to occasionally moderate snow in Amherst the last hour but not really adding up to more than a dusting so far, it’s too interment to really add up and it looks like it will be shutting off again north of Buffalo shortly. 

I've got about an inch here in east Williamsville since about 6:30...nothing heavy, just constant light snow...sadly it's as much as I received last night...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

2.2" overnight. 1.9" from this morning to afternoon and 3" fresh since 5-6 pm. so a little over 7" since last night and heavy snow continuing.

• Like 3

I don't understand why there just seems to be no lake influence here. The flow is NW...why is Buffalo getting such good snow on a NW wind? Isn't that a good flow for the Syracuse area?

It's like living in a bubble . Warm bubble last night...dry bubble tonight...Lake Ontario has sucked way worse than Erie this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I don't understand why there just seems to be no lake influence here. The flow is NW...why is Buffalo getting such good snow on a NW wind? Isn't that a good flow for the Syracuse area?

It's like living in a bubble . Warm bubble last night...dry bubble tonight...Lake Ontario has sucked way worse than Erie this year.

There is an arctic front approaching which is causing convergence and a slight backing of the winds along the lake erie shoreline before it passes in 1-2 hours.

• Thanks 2

Monroe county really got skunked. Probably 2” for the entire event (and that’s generous). Snowpack actually diminished over the last few days. Imagine if BUF had pulled the trigger on warnings...
Looking ahead I don’t see anything fun for at least a week. March will be great (say it will pa, please, say it will).