Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York

21 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I can't wait till this season is over!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

What's funny is that was one of the best gfs fantasy runs In a while, with a couple rain makers mixed in lol 

We know it's not going to happen like this anyway..

Screenshot_20200127-191941.png

Ggem had it's own fantasy run :lol: 

We have seen this movie before..

snku_acc.us_ne - 2020-01-27T192300.747.png

Iguanas are an invasive species in Florida.  People who bought iguanas as pets then decided they didn’t want them have released them in the wild and they have proliferated.  It’s similar to the boa constrictors that are overrunning the Everglades as an invasive species. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah, it's Real.. It's an alert not advisory.. Very uncommon as temps have to drop into the 40s in S Florida..

They are still alive just dormant lol

Screenshot_20200127-220128.png

I actually read quite it about this last week. The iguanas have become a huge problem down there as the poster above mentioned.  A solid cold snap will actually kill a good amount but apparently it’s been several years and they’ve really built up large populations. Temps in the 40s send them into hibernation, but after as little as eight hours at those temps they actually start to die. The pythons however can usually ride out cold snaps in burrows. 

• Like 1

Confirm huge iguanas in Miami.  scart me half to death when I reached for a drink in my beach chair at the pool at the fountainblue and a 5 footer was quietly eating lettuce next to my chair. I know they are vegan and everything but still....yichhh.

This was right after the kill on sight order the state issued!  

Looking at the 6z gfs, we miss about 5 storms to the SE, I guess that's better than seeing cutter after cutter lol

Some weak northern stream disturbances and intermittent LES save give us at least something over the next 2 weeks, verbatim..Gfs is almost to active to get any sustained lake effect going..