• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WeatherArbordoctor
    Newest Member
    WeatherArbordoctor

2020 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Thread

Solid cell near Ellicott City.  Putting down some continuous CG and spiking VIL a bit.

Just now, osfan24 said:

Distant thunder here I believe but can be hard to tell with air traffic sometimes.

It’s cracka lackin over here for sure...

2 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Solid cell near Ellicott City.  Putting down some continuous CG and spiking VIL a bit.

That's the distant thunder I'm hearing here. Has definitely picked up in frequency over the past five minutes. It's going to miss me just to the north.

That storm is rolling. Already passed by to the north. Surprised someone said there is a lot of CG. I don't see anything on RadarScope. Thunder has also calmed down some.

really gusty showers. 

Totally meh here. Had more maple tree helicopter precipitation than actual precipitation 

Just now, H2O said:

Totally meh here. Had more maple tree helicopter precipitation than actual precipitation 

Still have 0.00" in the rain gauge, but I'll mark it as a T since I felt some drops.

• Haha 1

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Well that whipped through quick. Brief gusty storm. Better part of the line went just to my SW.

Just a tenth of an inch of rain.

Hail in Denton per mdot cameras

• Like 1

While just about all ensembles have this trough staying over the eastern US for the remainder of the month into the beginning May I wonder if we can get into some W/NW flow action sometime early in May (2nd week?) as the trough slowly lifts and/or shifts eastward (as shown in a number of long range ens. ATM). Just speculation at this point of course... and me thinking out loud. 

3K Nam looks active overnight. Might not be severe but has a lot of storms and heavy rain rolling in through tomorrow morning. Also has that same convection the HRRR does for Friday afternoon, but I think that's going to be a Southern MD to Eastern Shore/Virginia type deal. Almost all of us look to be too far north and west.

LWX in their evening AFD update now mentions a risk for a few thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon... so I guess they are leaning toward HRRR?

1 hour ago, yoda said:

LWX in their evening AFD update now mentions a risk for a few thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon... so I guess they are leaning toward HRRR?

3K NAM keeps getting worse and worse with each run. Keeps pushing those afternoon storms farther south. Latest run now has them blowing up in Southeast VA.

On 4/23/2020 at 8:53 AM, George BM said:

While just about all ensembles have this trough staying over the eastern US for the remainder of the month into the beginning May I wonder if we can get into some W/NW flow action sometime early in May (2nd week?) as the trough slowly lifts and/or shifts eastward (as shown in a number of long range ens. ATM). Just speculation at this point of course... and me thinking out loud. 

You asked:

Any potential for wed night/thurs?  Looks like the 3k has a nasty line coming through WV around midnight....some training looks possible with the slow eastward push.

10 hours ago, poolz1 said:

Any potential for wed night/thurs?  Looks like the 3k has a nasty line coming through WV around midnight....some training looks possible with the slow eastward push.

More likely we get flooding.  If you read the morning AFD from LWX it sounds like we're getting a flood watch later today.

• Like 1