• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

5 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Never said I wouldn't post, I said I wouldn't track anymore as I'll leave that to Wolfie, lol, so read the posts before you respond! Im trying to figure out what your expecting, exactly, when it comes to our weather? You lived in the Tug for one season and still you were never satisfied, lol, so what exactly will make you smile?  People must have a huge misconception about the Great Lake regions and especially the snow belts because it doesn't always end up that way and I'm sure we all know this.  

Relax, it was all in good fun. You tend to make statements about actions you are going to take when you're frustrated with the weather.

Not really sure what's up with the comment about me not being satisfied (other than a slight defense mechanism by you)...I think almost none of us are satisfied with the state of the past couple winters. It's irritating as crap, and my coping mechanism is to sarcastically joke about the awfulness of it all. Almost all of my winters living in the Great Lakes have been underwhelming and a huge disappointment....last winter sucked on the Southern Tug where I was at. Same this year. I came here definitely with lesser expectations...but still for WINTER. 

It is what it is...and of course I'm bummed. But, I am happy for my wife, as she has certainly been getting her "Virginia winter" she so desires.

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Relax, it was all in good fun. You tend to make statements about actions you are going to take when you're frustrated with the weather.

Not really sure what's up with the comment about me not being satisfied (other than a slight defense mechanism by you)...I think almost none of us are satisfied with the state of the past couple winters. It's irritating as crap, and my coping mechanism is to sarcastically joke about the awfulness of it all. Almost all of my winters living in the Great Lakes have been underwhelming and a huge disappointment....last winter sucked on the Southern Tug where I was at. Same this year. I came here definitely with lesser expectations...but still for WINTER. 

It is what it is...and of course I'm bummed. But, I am happy for my wife, as she has certainly been getting her "Virginia winter" she so desires.

Im totally relaxed, lol, but I completely understand

7 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Bro Redfield had 200-250 inches last year and you still weren't satisfied..

You complained just as much last year as this year lol

download.png

16 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Bro Redfield had 200-250 inches last year and you still weren't satisfied..

You complained just as much last year as this year lol

download.png

I am skeptical of that map. Perhaps where Carol lives. But certainly not where I was at in Redfield. There is a webcam now in the area I was in, and there is grass everywhere. Farther up in Redfield in latitude and elevation there is still a solid snowpack.

The massive number of thaws ruined it for me last winter. As I've stated numerous times, these winters are not just ugly, but are really hard on the economy of that area. I lost my job, in part, because of the CRAP winter last year....leading to many less visitors to the place I was employed at.

My apologies if I have really bothered both you and freak. I enjoy laughing and smiling too...really, I do.

• Like 1

This thaw would challenge even the best optimist. Lord knows I’m ready to give up. 
Maybe it’s worse because of the robust start? I was thinking old fashioned winter and instead I’m left with some early 80’s BS. 
Just remember, some of our best events don’t even show up until 120 hrs out. They can pop up from almost nowhere. That’s what I’m hoping on. 
I don’t care about staying power. I live for the ramp-up and the actual event. Afterwards I don’t care. It could melt in 2 days and I’d still be happy. 
Tough pattern. I’m thinking Feb/March are gonna be epic. Really. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I am skeptical of that map. Perhaps where Carol lives. But certainly not where I was at in Redfield. There is a webcam now in the area I was in, and there is grass everywhere. Farther up in Redfield in latitude and elevation there is still a solid snowpack.

The massive number of thaws ruined it for me last winter. As I've stated numerous times, these winters are not just ugly, but are really hard on the economy of that area. I lost my job, in part, because of the CRAP winter last year....leading to many less visitors to the place I was employed at.

My apologies if I have really bothered both you and freak. I enjoy laughing and smiling too...really, I do.

I'm not bothered Matt so please dont think that bro!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The massive number of thaws ruined it for me last winter. As I've stated numerous times, these winters are not just ugly, but are really hard on the economy of that area. I lost my job, in part, because of the CRAP winter last year....leading to many less visitors to the place I was employed at.My apologies if I have really bothered both you and freak. I enjoy laughing and smiling too...really, I do.

19 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

This thaw would challenge even the best optimist. Lord knows I’m ready to give up. 
Maybe it’s worse because of the robust start? I was thinking old fashioned winter and instead I’m left with some early 80’s BS. 
Just remember, some of our best events don’t even show up until 120 hrs out. They can pop up from almost nowhere. That’s what I’m hoping on. 
I don’t care about staying power. I live for the ramp-up and the actual event. Afterwards I don’t care. It could melt in 2 days and I’d still be happy. 
Tough pattern. I’m thinking Feb/March are gonna be epic. Really. 

Nice post and agree..

I'm all about the chase and the event, after that I couldn't care less lol 

I'm not a huge fan of bitter cold and I hate the clean up lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I have pretty tough skin dude, not much really bothers me..I actually don't really mind the pessimism, balances the board..

Now with the snowfall I measured 177" last year, we had similar latitude but you had the advantage of altitude..So those numbers are not far off..Last November we had 40" of snow, 1/3 of January lows were below zero, it basically snowed into may lol I take the good with the bad, I've yet to have a wall to wall winter in the 5 years in Oswego county..

5 minutes ago, Geez150 said:

That game was just like our winter. Started out great and then took a big dump. Allen is my guy but come on man...

Don’t blame him.  The play calling was very poor in the second half.  The defense also contributed biggly.  I thought he was poised for a 2nd year guy.

pattern sucks.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Nah... The D fell asleep in the 2nd half. Rule of thumb all season has been score 17+ and the D should be able to hold them them to... Played way to conservative in the 4th...

Tough loss...Need to put up at least 20 points if you expect to win a playoff game, especially on the road. If someone has any good weather news to ease the pain I’m all ears.