• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2020

jburns

Hopefully we can make a trend out of that! Lots of positive changes. Vort dug harder out west then - NAO developed along with a 50/50 low to help fight the rising heights ahead of the trough. Strengthen those features, plus a better track and just maybe we could avoid the mid level warming and see at least some snow before a transition. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

It’s working on 18z! Mega ice storm for CAD regions on the 25th!! More south than the last run! NC /SC crush job! Y’all post them pretty maps!

I'll completely pass on an ice storm. If its sleet that's fine and I'll take that but no zr. Zr is pretty for a but you can have zero fun with it. Jus the leaves a mess with no redeeming quality. Snow, sleet, or nothing please. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

Miller B transfer, but looks good for 7-8 days away! Could easily trend colder

Wouldn't consider a Miller B.

H5 doesn't really support the idea.  No northern stream interaction. 

More like a occluded front setup. Secondary wave and waa push from the GOM.

Parent HP far north.  Parent LP over MO occluded front stretches to Al/FL..

Secondary warm front south GA along SC,NC,VA coast. Just precip in remaining cold air before being scoured out.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_36.png

5 minutes ago, FLweather said:

Secondary warm front south GA along SC,NC,VA coast. Just precip in remaining cold air before being scoured out.

18z had significant changes at H5 though and had stronger CAD because of better HP placement. Doesn't mean anything though, at this range it's just throwing darts. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, FLweather said:

18z looked like a miller B, with a low into KY, then transfer off NC coast

53 minutes ago, FLweather said:

That Low is in a PERFECT spot for many. Too bad that High isn't placed better. Love to see highs over NE and NY with that low placement! 

6 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

That Low is in a PERFECT spot for many. Too bad that High isn't placed better. Love to see highs over NE and NY with that low placement! 

Y’all quit looking at and posting the 12z!!

Post the 18z maps!! High is good, much more severe ice event for both Carolinas , yeah I know, it’s the 18 z, but let us enjoy for 6 hours!:snowing:

11 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

She’s a beaut Clark.  

southern slider / miller a awesomeness 

That is a thing of beauty, no doubt. It really is too bad such setups and storms are so rare around here. I think we all know there's almost no chance a storm, even remotely, like this will happen, but it does show potnetial for the upcoming time period for something. Let's hope most of us will see snow sometime over the next few weeks. 

• Like 4

Just now, Iceagewhereartthou said:

That is a thing of beauty, no doubt. It really is too bad such setups and storms are so rare around here. I think we all know there's almost no chance a storm, even remotely, like this will happen, but it does show potnetial for the upcoming time period for something. Let's hope most of us will see snow sometime over the next few weeks. 

Probably,  but....  shots fired across the bow.  

6 minutes ago, UpstateSCGamecock said:

IMG_9832.jpgIMG_9831.jpg

The top image reminds me a lot of the Feb 14 map the Euro spit out the day before for me and Mack. That was supposed to be a generational storm (actually had amounts about 50% higher); had the mets going big dog, and the stinking WAA went off the charts and sleeted us to death. That was a crusher. Again, great to see potential, but hour 360? Might as well be hour 23,304. Going to be fun to have some things to watch going forward for sure though! 

Just now, Iceagewhereartthou said:

The top image reminds me a lot of the Feb 14 map the Euro spit out the day before for me and Mack. That was supposed to be a generational storm (actually had amounts about 50% higher); had the mets going big dog, and the stinking WAA went off the charts and sleeted us to death. That was a crusher. Again, great to see potential, but hour 360? Might as well be hour 23,304. Going to be fun to have some things to watch going forward for sure though! 

I’m still looking for a few sleet pellets Saturday, and call it a winter!

Agree. I just wanted to point out how both the GFS and Euro ENS match closely for 28th/29th storm threat. Yes, over 300 hours so it’s just eye candy.

• Like 1