Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2020 Discussion

Torch Tiger

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Thanks, Ray.  Let's hope the EC run of last night doesn't reflect the limitation but merely the start of a trend to that most dramatic outcome.  Hope springs eternal, even from MPM.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ogmios said:

GFS is beginning to agree with the track but it is not yet on board for any real significant snow especially if you live along the coast on Nova Scotia which usually gets the shaft especially for areas south of Lunenburg County.  So while many in New England are complaining about the second strait year of the lack of snow, many in Nova Scotia are on track for a 3rd year in a row of well below average snowfall.  The diffference last year is that Nova Scotia averaged rate on the normal in terms of temperature, with colder nights, well below average sunny days and above average storms.

No one does as well as Lunenburg*. 

:)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Thanks, Ray.  Let's hope the EC run of last night doesn't reflect the limitation but merely the start of a trend to that most dramatic outcome.  Hope springs eternal, even from MPM.

I'm skeptical for now.....also feel the transient intermountain ridge out west is causing these changes more so than the confluence streak...that looks like its always been therecto me.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Speaking of shaft-jobs......

Just think, the ski areas and snowmobilers need it more than you do.  Should help you sleep at night MPM ;).  

Total weenie run but I do like when the gradient is around us here.  The chances for suppression in this pattern seems real low.  

• Sad 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm skeptical for now.....also feel the transient intermountain ridge out west is causing theae changes more than the confluene streak...that looks like its always been therecto me.

Agree with the skepticism.  That said, things are a few days out yet and the recent runs of the EC  have been steadily trending (well, I haven't seen 06).  So who knows....

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GEFS similar, but a bit less intense with SE ridging. Maybe we can get sneaky Scooter HP..but that is hostile. 

Just like great-looking patterns can offer a shit outcome, shitty patterns can still offer some results.  Case in point, we already have had one pre-Jan 20 even in the books and the potential for another in a few days.

Of course, sometimes shit is just shit.

Happy new year, muthafukkas! It's been a pleasure indulging in this obsession with you all; thanks for sharing your extraordinary wisdom. Although my posts seldom reflect the fact, I have learned a great deal from you fine folks, fellow amateurs and pros alike, this past decade. Here's to a new year and a clean scorecard. May regression never come! 

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

In my Monday blog, I actually cited Sunday as the only chance for significant snows in the near future. Gotta overcome some odds, though.

I mean you could get sneaky HP overrunning, but that is an overall deep trough in the west. Might be tough to overcome. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well the Euro was also warm with this past storm and the coming weekend storm. Both went cold 

It's different with troughing out west though. These + busts may be harder to come by. I'm just being realistic. You have a better shot of hoping for a sneaky HP overrunning deal.