• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

35 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Couldn’t agree more. This has cutter all over it. Still up in the air about LES in BUF and Tug. You guys actually don’t want a transfer- obviously. I think that’s still a good possibility. 

A) the link I sent CNY well documents he's wrong about cold, snowy November's...2) we are all speculating about the upcoming storm and frankly there is a better chance of the "bowling ball" happening due to the -EPO and cold air close by in Canada than a cutter. The high pressure would string out a warm front across the area with the well back some 2 or 3 hundred miles to the west and it's forward motion would be easterly until a transfer to the coast Miller b style, leaving an inverted trough back towards our CWA and a conveyor for moisture. This is also speculation but the link regarding cold November's is not.

• Like 1

Another potentially significant storm system looks to impact the
area during the weekend. At this forecast range it is too early to
be specific, but this system could bring an extended period of
wintry precipitation to western and north central New York.

Colder air wrapping into the area behind this system Monday will
bring the potential for accumulating northwest flow lake effect
snow.
  • Like 1

The Upper Peninsula of Michigan has to be one of the most wintry places to live anywhere in this country.  Relentless lake snows and almost always on the right side of any winter storm.  These next two systems absolutely crush them.  Going to be quite the hefty snowpack setting up there by next week.  

Capture.PNG.9c1d7d72f12431fb654014a5b60eea7e.PNG

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

Interesting and drastic differences in the upper air patttern. One finds a weakness and the other doesn’t. I would say GFS is favored solution based on the rapidly rising AO

1419A064-9544-42B3-9262-C0EF3C606B7F.png

48ADE3A1-D36C-4846-88C6-4E1ABC1691A2.png

When I first looked at the GEM map I was sure that you drew a smiley face in the center of the low.

• Haha 1

A) the link I sent CNY well documents he's wrong about cold, snowy November's...2) we are all speculating about the upcoming storm and frankly there is a better chance of the "bowling ball" happening due to the -EPO and cold air close by in Canada than a cutter. The high pressure would string out a warm front across the area with the well back some 2 or 3 hundred miles to the west and it's forward motion would be easterly until a transfer to the coast Miller b style, leaving an inverted trough back towards our CWA and a conveyor for moisture. This is also speculation but the link regarding cold November's is not.
I dont think I ever said it was factual about Cold Novembers do anything to the following months regarding temps but I mentioned every time we see a cold and I guess somewhat snowy November then our Decembers are usually warmer than normal and snowfall has been falling short of the monthly average, that's what I said about Novembers. Show me 3 yrs in a row that both Nov-Dec have been both BN in Temps and BN in precip or shall we just say snow. The past 3 have been the exact opposite, Cold Novembers followed by horrific Decembers but I may be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

It will become unsettled across the region during this period...as a
broad progressive mid level ridge will give way to a large closed
low. The mature storm system will slog its way across the Lower
Great Lakes during the course of the weekend with the potential for
mixed pcpn increasing with time. While confidence has steadily
increased to the point of using Cat pops for Sunday...thermal
profiles remain inconsistent as to the p-type. From this vantage
point though...a large snowfall appears unlikely...however...there
will be the risk for freezing pcpn and or enough wet snow to cause
some travel issues.

By Monday...there is general consensus that the storm system will be
moving away to our east. This will allow cold air to deepen across
our region and change the mixed pcpn to snow showers.