• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

36 minutes ago, tim123 said:

That look is actually a decent outcome as long as primary doesn't get farther north than erie pa. Secondary low takes over with a inverted trough extending back into western ny. Seen it many times. 

I’d think Warm air would shuffle right up the lakes plain. That low gets anywhere near Erie and BUF to Roc is shot until the LP AND moisture is East. No obvious HP to keep our eastern zones cool either. We gotta hope for a further south track or a real early transition- in my uneducated opinion. 

1 hour ago, ayuud11 said:

Damm that LES potential after next week is fading by each run lol :lol:

We get pacific help but the NAO and AO going positive is a quick shot at arctic air and then reload. Until we get some Atlantic help it's unlikely to happen. Even more so for those that need a SW flow. Need some blocking to retrograde the low back to near Hudson bay. Earlier runs were showing that, but there is nothing to prevent the lows from traveling right and out through the Atlantic with no blocking. We will get some colder air due to -EPO +PNA Neutral WPO but it will be quick hitting. Up/Down pattern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Last night 0z Canadian had a sw flow event at the end of it's run..

snku_acc.us_ne (13).png

Like BUFwx said without that Low retrograding out west it's hard to maintain a good SW flow, we could still get hit but it'll prolly be the usual SW winds shifting quickly as the low passes by..

5 hours ago, cny rider said:

NWS very bullish on a paste job here, forecasting 4-6 inches.

With just an inch so far color me very skeptical.

I think it whiffs to our east.

Well the radar sure exploded right after I posted this brilliant comment.

Cooperstown crusher!

Anywhere from 2 inches on the wet spots in the yard, to 6 inches on the garbage pails.

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Dang I wish there was something to track. That early storm got me going and now I’m sitting here like, “ok, now what?”

Yeah even the lake effect is withering away to a small event. However, most predicted a warm December. We just had the coldest November on record I believe and a huge head start with that snowstorm.